Deleting MarketPress and CustomPress

Hi!
I recently installed a premium plugin called "Open Beacon Video Comments" that caused a conflict with a few WPMU Dev plugins (MarketPress, Classifieds, and CustomPress. As video commenting will be a major part of my site, I'd like to set up the Open Beacon plugin first and then go back and try to resolve the conflicts later.
So, I managed to Network Deactivate the offending plugins except for CustomPress.
I'm getting an error message at the top of my Dashboard that says:

nversion in /home/lyrixtube/public_html/wp-content/plugins/directory/core/custompress/core/core.php on line 81

And although I deactivated and then deleted it, it's still showing up in the left sidebar as an active plugin.
I'll need to set up CustomPress and MarketPress eventually, so I'll have to figure out why it's doing this. Can someone please please help me resolve the conflicts?
Thanks so much!
m

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Hitt-Girl,

I hope you are well today.

The error you referenced is actually for the Directory plugin, as you can see in the path name:

public_html/wp-content/plugins/directory/core/

As such, I've changed the classification of this ticket to the Directory plugin.

Since this is another one of our plugins, and Open Beacon Video Comments seems to be incompatible with a few of our plugins, it is likely disabling the Directory plugin will resolve this issue.

However, it would be good to know what other errors you are experiencing while running our plugins with Open Beacon Video Comments. Could you clarify a bit as to what problems you have been experiencing?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Hitt-Girl
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for your reply James,
    Deactivating the Directory plugin helped, the error message went away.
    But then I went about deleting a few other plugins and now I get a white-screen database error message: "Error establishing a database connection" and I can't even access my site.
    I'm not sure what's going on now. If it's not a problem with my server, then I'll have to post another ticket. Thanks again for your help!
    m

• Hitt-Girl
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Ash,
    Thanks for responding back. The wp-config.php file is still there and the database information looks correct (to my amateur eyes anyway) The problem is affecting my entire server and all my domains are showing the error--even non-Wordpress sites. But the Server Management Team says MySQL is up and working fine.
    I've found a couple of articles: on WP Beginner and on WPMU Dev. So I'm gonna start working my way through the suggestions and see if I can resolve it. Thanks for giving me a good starting point to understand what to start looking for!
    m

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.