deleting users and transferring posts

After deleting splogs, I then in turn delete the users associated with those splogs, with the understanding that they cannot re-register using that same hokey email address.

After I click the delete button, I am presented with a screen where my only option is to click and transfer posts when the delete occurs.

Why would I want to transfer the posts of spammers? Why isn't there a choice to delete their posts? Seems that if these posts persist, then the spammers have not lost anything.

Is there a solution required? If a solution is required, is there a solution?

• Kirk Ward

We highly recommend just spamming users and blogs

I am targeting a professional niche and I want to get to know each one of my bloggers. As many of these things as are coming through will make it hard to keep track of who is who unless there is some way to clean up the look of the list of blogs. I believe I saw another thread where a method of hiding the spammers from display was requested. Merely remove them from visibility in the list of blogs once they have been marked as spam.

• Kirk Ward

They shouldn't show up in any list if they are spammed. Where are you still seeing them?

After I visit the "Blogs" page and mark them as spam, they appear on the "Recent Splogs" page of the "Anti-Splog" plugin. Spamming them from there deletes them, but why does it have to be a three step process on my part. (four steps if I want to remove the spammer emails from my "Users" list.)

Process I seem to follow
    (1) Mark all splogs as spam on the Blogs page ... they turn pink and appear on the Recent Splogs page. Their users are marked as spammers.
    (2) Delete all splogs from the Blog pages
    (3) Delete or spam all splogs on the Recent Splogs page of anti-splog
    (4) Delete all spammers from the Users page

Doing the math ... 100 splogs equals 400 clicks and waiting for a lot of page loads.

• Kirk Ward

You just mark it so it disappears.

So, what about deleting from the blogs page? I can see leaving it in the recent splogs record, but letting them continue to show in the list is a big distraction. What about deleting the spammers? They are a distraction in the users list.

BTW ... I had a good day today. I implemented invitation-code-checker.php plugin last night and had no signups today. I'll see how it holds up.

I'm thinking that one improvement to the invitation-code-checker.php would be to implement the ability to track responses. Possibly a list containing multiple tracking codes, where we can delete ones that have been "discovered" or passed along to sploggers. Then a report page showing signup counts by code, along with a count of splogs that used that particular code.

• Sue

Aragh, I think I know what is happening. You are spamming the blogs via Site Admin > Blogs

With Anti-splog it is designed to place all suspected splogs onto the Suspected splog page. You go through the Suspected Splog page and spam them from that page as explained here in the installation instructions - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/anti-splog/installation/ (scroll down to "How to Use the Suspected Blogs Page")

Any suspect splog will automatically be placed on the Suspected Splog page (unless it's Splog Certainty is higher than the values you specified - in which case it will be automatically spammed). While as Aaron says sploggers often create numerous blogs at the same time, in advance of when they might use them, all you need is one splog to be on the list to spam the entire lot from one IP address.

Focus on using the Suspected Splog list page and don't worry too much about Site Admin > Blogs or Site Admin > Users. But if you are either going to spam using that method - always best to spam by Site Admin > Users

You really want to avoid deleting at all costs. The only time I delete is if a blog is broken and it is interfering with a users new blog. There is too much risk involved in deleting a legitimate blog. Spamming on a WPMU is always the best option because if you make a mistake you can unspam.

You get used to ignoring the spammed splogs in Site Admin > Blogs or Site Admin > Users and if anything they help you. For example, if I have a splog review form that I can't make a decision on (say they haven't written a post) then I can check all blogs from that IP address and those beautiful pink colors on their Site Admin > Blogs page shows me that it is a splogger trying to trick me :slight_smile:

Looks like that Sue video of all the ways she spams with Anti-splog might be helpful for everyone? Oh for bonus points combined with Sue's video of working with Supporter :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.