deleting wpsmush.it after installing wpsmuchpro

I've replaced wpsmush.it with wpsmushpro, and it looks like i'm being promted to compress using the pro. are the compressed wpsmush.it files still there. It shows no files being compressed in the pro setup.

If I delete the wpsmush.it files, what exactly am I deleting? Are the compressed versions in addition to the original non-compressed?

Or by deleting wpsmush.it am I deleting all my previously uploaded images (completely) that have already been compressed by wpsmush.it?

Thanks

• Jude

Hi there @david hart

Hope you had a great weekend

If I delete the wpsmush.it files, what exactly am I deleting? Are the compressed versions in addition to the original non-compressed?

You're only deleting plugin files. Settings are stored in the DB and images are stored in the media folder.

Or by deleting wpsmush.it am I deleting all my previously uploaded images (completely) that have already been compressed by wpsmush.it?

You can safely delete the smush.it folder and replace it with PRO files. Like I earlier said, the plugin stores history of smushed images, settings etc in the DB so you wont lose any of that.

Do take a backup just to be sure in the unlikely event something goes wrong.

Hope that helps
    Jude