Deregister Ultimate Facebook javascript on specific pages

We are unable to deregister the javascripts of the Ultimate Facebook plugin.
We tried everything and which works as a breeze for all other enqueued scripts we deregistered nothing seems to stop the facebook scripts.
We do not want nor do we need their javascript nor presence on pages with forms - such as contact and pages that allows people to get custom made advertisement packages.
The facebook scripts knock out the redirect to the confirmation pages when any of those forms are sent.

• thaibluesky

Now after checking deeper into the problem we found another form page that enables users to choose a category where they want to place an ad. Where the categories are normally displayed we found

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type Wdfb_OptionsRegistry as array in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/classifiedtheme/tpl-classifiedstheme_submit.php on line 273

We are baffled by that one.
    because we know deregister javascripts won't resolve this problem.

Buddypress forms are not effected, yet we did not try to create a new event or place a post as we were all occupied with facebook.
    Will do so and let you know the outcome.

So let us know if you have any idea - in the meanwhile we will check what else is around.
    Because the second we have deactivated facebook plugin all errors are gone.
    Forms work like they should and they are very important for this project.

• thaibluesky

Only registered users have access to this form - as placing the ad is free for registered users
    Same install WP 3.1.3 lots of plugins not causing any problems - installed on the main site with a classified theme
    http://portico-bangkok.com
    We have now deactivated facebook because the purpose of the main site is jeopardized.
    Do not really understand this as buddystream did not trigger any of tis misbehavior.
    Buddypress is installed on sub domain. forum.portico-bangkok.com

• Mason

Hiya thaibluesky,

That error message is coming from your theme. The contact form is also an integrated part of the theme, correct?

Are you saying it's happening with other plugins such as the event manager?

I set up a wordpress multisite with buddypress, event manager and the ultimate facebook plugin and wasn't able to reproduce this error. The fatal error above is definitely being caused by the theme (as it says in the message) and I can't produce any errors with the default BuddyPress theme activated.

We'll still look into de-registering the scripts, but I think the other issue has everything to do with your theme.

Thanks!

• thaibluesky

The contact form is the plugin programmed by By Mike Challis "Fast secure Contact form" we have ditched the rather primitive form that came with this theme.

In total we have 17 plugins installed in the network starting from larger applications like buddypress to small widget plugins, or remove dashboard scripts - they are working harmoniously together with this classified theme.

Events Manager, Buddypress, your BuddyPress Activity Plus, forms etc several widgets plugins, sliders etc work side on side without errors with this theme on the main site. We deregister scripts when we see that a heap is loaded that have nothing to contribute to a page or start to interfere.

Buddypress, Events Manager and Ultimate Facebook, BuddyPress Activity Plus work perfect on the sub domain. Only Google Plus1 throws in IE9 an error and ignores the positioning in Events Manager Puts it on top when bottom is selected.

So my conclusion If in total 17 plugins work together harmoniously and then one comes in and blows the complete scene - I do not know if this has not something to do with the plugin then, rather than the theme. First symptom was that we could not deregister the scripts the rest is to read above.

• Mason

Hiya,

As I said, the error message is being generated by your theme - though it may not come up until one plugin or a specific combination of plugins is activated - the error is still from within the theme.

Also as I mentioned, we will take a look into the deregister of the scripts. With any luck, that'll take care of it for ya - I've alerted the developer to come take a look.

Thanks!

• Martin Koss

Hi there... I came across this thread when searching for "Wdfb_OptionsRegistry" because, I too, am getting the

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type Wdfb_OptionsRegistry

By coincidence, on a new project, we are also using a "PremiumPress" theme like "thaibluesky". But (I know I'm a pain in the rear and somewhat stubborn), I must argue that it is NOT a fault with the theme. The themes work extremely well. Unlike certain other themes I have paid for and subsequently rejected, the themes from PremiumPress do their job extremely well and have not had any issues adding other plugins to the site.

This is clearly a case of a, most likely, very good plugin that hasn't been tested on a range of themes. It does frustrate me as a developer that we pay good money for plugins that only work under limited installs. That, to me, is like the PC world (where things work only with the right video driver, sound driver, and the latest DirectX) compared the MAC world (where things just work).

It's always the theme that gets the blame.

Despite a lot of "trial and error" and support threads, due to incompatibility issues I have yet to keep a plugin or theme I got from WPMUDev.

Coding a "Facebook Like" button or a "Send" button is not rocket science and I suspect the plugin is trying to do more than it needs to. I suggested the coding was wrong in a previous version and referenced the guides at Facebook but was told it was right. But it was wrong. Placing certain Facebook code in the wrong places will render it incompatible.

Is Wdfb_OptionsRegistry needed? I don't know and am not going to dive into the plugin to find out because (as I'll post on a new thread) there are other issues too which prevent me from using it.

It can't always be the "theme's fault" - especially when all other plugins work fine.
    That's my two-pence worth.

With all due respect...

Martin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.