Designing Online Facility Management - Exhibition booking with payment gateway

Dear Wpmudev Expert Team,
Please guide me on open source components, plugins to use for development, I need to build an Online Facility Management -Exhibition booking with payment gateway.
1. Exhibition Stall Owner Information and Booking status.
2. Cloud based MIS Dashboard to generate reports with ability to export data in excel format.
3. Integration with various banks and Payment Gateway.

Kindly advise. Would appreciate your quick response.

Regards,
Amith

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Amith,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I read you requirements but I think I'll need more information on this. The overall idea is clear, however I imagine that's a lot of different ways it could be executed. I'd like to now a bit more on this.

1. Exhibition Stall Owner Information and Booking status.

What kind of information would you like to gather and in what ways would you like to utilize them/present them? How should booking work? Please provide me with as much details on this as possible. Some example case scenarios would also be pretty helpful :slight_smile:

2. Cloud based MIS Dashboard to generate reports with ability to export data in excel format.

Do you have any particular solution in mind? I believe that the kind/set of information you'd like to manage is specific to your market so I suppose you require some particular set of features here.

3. Integration with various banks and Payment Gateway.

This is clear to me however the answer would strictly depend on solutions proposed for above two issues :slight_smile:

Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Amith

Thanks Adam for your quick response. Please find my comments below
    Q1.What kind of information would you like to gather and in what ways would you like to utilize them/present them? How should booking work? Please provide me with as much details on this as possible. Some example case scenarios would also be pretty helpful

- A prospect should able to register [to be integrated with LinkedIn, Google+,etc credentials] or prospect to enter mandatory requirements name, location, Company Name, Details, Exhibition purpose.
    - Prospect to need to share for what purpose they need the stall - industry specific - eg agro,electric,telecom etc.
    - Layout for Stalls will be made available online it is similar to booking seats on aircraft. prospect should able to see the availability of stalls.
    - Prospect can book any number of stall for n-number of days /duration as specified by the land owner.
    - Prospect should able to select the add-ons. eg. additional fittings / gadgets required, additional facilities example additional deposits for electricity to be made available on checkbox /drop down menu.
    - Total to be calculated depending on number of stalls, duration, features & facilities availed.

Q2. Do you have any particular solution in mind? I believe that the kind/set of information you'd like to manage is specific to your market so I suppose you require some particular set of features here.
    - Features include - Number of client visits, register, total stalls booked, graph of bookings made, facilities availed.

Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Amith,

Thanks for this additional explanation.

Creating such a complex setup would unfortunately require quite a lot of custom coding if you were to use different open source tools, I think. I wasn't able to find any "complex" tool that would let you do this. The closest solution to what you need would be in my opinion the "Checkfront". Take a look here:

https://www.checkfront.com/

It seems to meet pretty much all the requirements that you enlisted, except the "map of available places" (like in booking seats). It does hover feature and API that could most likely be used to create such an add-on. There are also integration with all the major payment gateways, "cloud based" management platform and WordPress integration plugin. It's as "premium" solution though.

If you're ready however for quite a bit of custom coding, you could try going for following solutions:

1. BuddyPress for grabbing prospect's data

BuddyPress include "x-profile fileds" feature that will let you create as complex "questionnaire"/prospect profile as you wish. This data could be utilized further.

2. For booking with "stalls selection feature) you could use one of these two plugins:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/book-a-place/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/row-seats/

Both let you build a "layout" of a venue and a customer/prospect can select the place

3. For logging in using external services (such as Google+, FB, LinkdIn etc):

https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/oa-social-login/

4. MIS Dashboard

To make it all work together though you would need some custom coding that would create integration between all these plugins and let them exchange data. The MIS Dashboard then would have to be as well custom developed and crafted specifically to work with aforementioned plugins.

Custom development of such a system would be well outside the scope of this support forum so you may want to post a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you however feel like giving the development a try yourself and would need some more assistance on a way, let me know and I'll do my best to assist and share tips and knowledge as possible.

Have a nice day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.