Detailed booking info for multiple users

Some Events+ questions:

- I need to get Full name, cell phone and email per ticket. So if someone asks for two tickets he needs to give this info separately for each ticket.
- I have a special group of members (with membership plugin) that is allows to register multiple users for free. I need the above here also.
- I need to be able to view who booked, how many persons and whether he paid or not.

• aecnu

Greetings axaios,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

@mort3n is spot on again!

Some of your post certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• asimak

I found a satisfactory solution for having extra registration fields. I have installed membership plugin and buddypress. As suggested by this thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-registration-form I have created the extra fields through buddypress and they are being shown through membership registration. However now I have some other questions:

1. Can I somehow disable Events+ popup registration? I need to redirect my user to the membership page in order to register.
    2. Is there any way for the user to write a note to me upon booking?
    3. When I try to export the Attending list CSV I get only User ID, User Name, User Email, Attending, Ticket Count, Payment Status fields. Can I some get the extra buddypress fields? Full name is necessary. I wonder how this was omitted.
    4. If I need to make code changes to the plugin is there any way that they won't be overwritten on a plugin update?

• aecnu

Greetings axaios

Thank you for the additional questions and I see that your solution has actually indeed created more issues.

1. Can I somehow disable Events+ popup registration? I need to redirect my user to the membership page in order to register.

Have you tried using an htaccess redirect to accomplish this task by any chance?

2. Is there any way for the user to write a note to me upon booking?

Feature request.

3. When I try to export the Attending list CSV I get only User ID, User Name, User Email, Attending, Ticket Count, Payment Status fields. Can I some get the extra buddypress fields? Full name is necessary. I wonder how this was omitted.

This is indeed the intended use and expected file contents. However, we can ask the lead developer once we get down to it being the only issue we need to ask him about.

4. If I need to make code changes to the plugin is there any way that they won't be overwritten on a plugin update?

Yes they will be and you may want to try permissioning the applicable files 444 read only to possibly avoid being erased and replaced.

Please advise on question #1 above regarding the htaccess file and then once this is resolved I will see about getting the lead developer in here to answer #3

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

The pop-up registration comes with third-party API login option (Facebook/Twitter) - turning this off in plugin settings will replace the pop-up dialog with regular login/registration cycle, so you can use your improved registration functionality to its fullest, if this is an option in your scenario.

As for the exporter options, the problem with BuddyPress extended profile fields export, just like with any other custom profile extension, is that they're pretty much arbitrary - outside of a domain-specific context, there's no way to tell which of the fields are significant without some custom code. At the moment, the columns aren't filterable either - this is something that will be fixed in a future release but at this very moment, probably the most straightforward way for implementing this would be creating a custom add-on for Events+.

As for the custom changes to the plugin that won't be overwritten in the update, your best bet is to create a separate plugin (or a mu-plugin) that uses the hooks provided by WordPress core and Events+ to influence its behavior. I will be happy to help with selecting the proper hook and implementing the solution for the specific problem or to expose a piece of logic to a filter/action in a future release if needs be.

• aecnu

Greetings axaios,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe