Detailed instructions for Membership Plugin?

Are there any further instructions available on using the membership plugin than those available at https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/installation/ ?

I'm very excited about what I'm seeing, but am stumbling on a couple of issues right out of the box:
I want to be able to upload a list of existing site members (do I have to use PHP myAdmin to do it?)
I have created my Access Levels and a few test Members, but don't see how to assign the Access Levels to the Members? My four levels are Visitor, Resident, Officer, Administrator.
I have created my URL Groups and my Subscription Plans in accordance with my Access Levels but not been able to put them into play pending the answer to assigning access levels (above).

Thanks for your help

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I would start by reading these two tutorials, they cover a pretty standard setup and open the mind to new ways of implementation.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/drip-feed-your-content-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/create-a-simple-tutorial-site-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/

As for adding a list of members, that gets a little complicated so best left for one of the support dudes :wink:

• diverchrisfl
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Jonathan for the quick reply, but I've already been through the tutorials you referred me to. Can anyone from support reply?

One other question presents itself: my members will not be paying via gateways. They will entered/updated by an administrator (it's a condo community). Does the fact that I don't have a gate enabled affect the answers to my questions?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

diverchrisfl,

Welcome to WPMU!

There is some good news about your question and some even better news about your question.

The good news first:

We are getting ready to release a major overhaul of Membership. Our developers noted that there were alot of things in the plugin that weren't very intuitive and lots of things that needed to be upgraded and included.

The even better news:

It's going to address your questions and even extend the capabilities for members and subscriptions!

So, the above, while good news, also means that anything I refer you to right now will possibly be moot information in a few days. (They don't tell us newbie support folks all the exciting feature secrets, so I'm afraid I can't even selectively offer more info)

But for trouble shooting now: You must have a gateway enabled, if you are not charging then enable the Free Gateway :slight_smile:

Attaching a picture for reference. Please let me know if you need anything further!

Best,

Kimberly

• airfoil
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@diverchrisfl:

To associate existing members with particular levels or subscriptions, go to Membership > All Members. Check the existing members who are not currently associated, and then choose Add Level or Add Subscription from the Bulk Actions drop down.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings babbsela,

Thank you for reporting your issue, it is appreciated.

It appears that you have opened a ticket that is months old and several versions of the plugin behind.

Please open a ticket of your own and feel free to copy and paste any relative information from this ticket to your new ticket and I am sure the support team will respond appropriately.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.