Dev Dashboard within site

I've recently updated the email address I first registered with WPMU (as part of a major rebrand the domain associated with that email is being phased out).

As such, I've begun to update my user accounts on the sites I use WPMU plugins and I've run into a problem:

When logged in under the user account that has my new email (now the only email on record for my account here) I cannot see the WPMU Dev dashboard.

I'm using:
define('WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING', true);
in my wp-config file – I don't want to remove this as I don't want other users to be able to see the dev dashboard.

Why would I not be able to see WPMU dev dashboard when logged in with my WPMU registered email?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jonny Wood,

Thank you for the great question and there could be several reasons for this not limited to but including caching both browser and/or WordPress installation caching and possibly cookies as well on your browser.

Please clear all browser caching and cookies and if using web site or WordPress caching of any kind dump the cache or disable the cache.

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

Cheers, Joe

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

I assume you created a new account and then set that as the network super user

if so there is a wp-config parameter you can set to the new user id, as WPMU assumes the network super user is 0. SO lets say your new super user id is 125

define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '125');

I think that will do the trick

• Jonny Wood
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Roibot, that's a handy line of code.

It turned out my problem was much more simple – de-activate / re-activate plugin = sorted.

Should have tried that first really.

I did use your code above though but before I could needed to find the user ID – I added this to my functions file for that:

add_filter('manage_users_columns', 'pippin_add_user_id_column');
    function pippin_add_user_id_column($columns) {
        $columns['user_id'] = 'User ID';
        return $columns;
    }

add_action('manage_users_custom_column',  'pippin_show_user_id_column_content', 10, 3);
    function pippin_show_user_id_column_content($value, $column_name, $user_id) {
        $user = get_userdata( $user_id );
    	if ( 'user_id' == $column_name )
    		return $user_id;
        return $value;
    }

It creates a user ID column on the users page of the dashboard – credit goes to Pippin

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jonny Wood,

Thank you for bringing letting us know that you resolved this issue and how you made it happen.

Though it is an oldie it is still a goodie and works on my sites without any issues - I am referring to the WP Show IDs plugin.

As the author declares simple, yet elegant and I certainly agree.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community member and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.