Development of a pop up optin email list plugin

There is no doubt about it that list building is something that can make a site a success and i was wondering if the WPMU Devs will be developing a optin pop up plug in that looks rather aesthetically pleasing and works the same as optin dominator or something similar.

This may already exist here, though after searching, i can't find one.

• Mark

My recent experience with trying to integrate the Newsletter plugin with the Popover plugin did not result in success. One of the developers here, PaulM, took a look and could not find an immediate solution, so I humbly add a +1 to this as a feature request.

You can take a look at the whole thread here, but you'll see that a lot of it deals with a side issue (having the pop up with newsletter signup form exist on the same page with the newsletter widget). The main conclusion for why having the sign up form in popover was not working was this:

My assumption is you want some conditional logic for example to submit the subscribe form from within the popup and display the thank you message also within the popup. Plus my assumption is if the user has already subscribed there needs to be a way to not show the popup.

- @PaulM

Paul did offer some code that might help someone get started down the road to integration, but I did not follow up on it. For this particular need, I just want to find something which works out of the box. Perhaps you could integrate it with another forms plug-in, Jock? I have't tried yet.

Cheers,
    Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.