Dicount codes or coupons for Pay per view

Is it possible to add a discount code or coupon code to pay per view? my client would like to be able to give away free views as a promotion.

thanks

• aristath

Hello again @dreamraven,

Is it possible to add a discount code or coupon code to pay per view? my client would like to be able to give away free views as a promotion.

I'm afraid that no, this functionality is not available on the Pay Per View plugin.
    However, there is the "Authorized users see full content " setting in the plugin, so you could perhaps use this to offer your clients free views.
    Once the limited time of your offer has passed, you can simply set that back to no and they won't be able to access the content any more.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• dreamraven

ok. bummer...

if i use the authorized user function. it says that i need to choose a user role that will have the access and that all roles above this role will have access as well.

do i need to create new user roles with some plugin? how do i set the levels of the user roles?

so say someone who purchases a subscription is automatically set to the lowest user role, how can i set another user role above that that will have the free access. and as far as the promotions go, would i need to manually change each of the individual user roles from the "free user role" to a paid one, when i want to end thier access?

thanks

• aristath

The reason you have not yet received a definite answer is because I don't know your exact configuration.

when someone registers, wordpress automatically ascribes a user role, say "subscriber"

The short answer is yes. When a user registers on your site, they are assigned the "subscriber" user role ( Unless you 've changed that from your dashboard on Settings => General).

is that the same when someone pays for a subscription? do they get assigned to "subscriber" in wordpress automatically?

When using the "Pay Per View" plugin, users are not assigned a user role. As the name of the plugin suggests, this plugin is suitable for micro-payments. Though subscriptions are possible, that is not the plugin's main focus. If you want to use subscriptions, I would recommend the Membership plugin instead.

and if so, then do all of the roles above subscriber then have full access?

Yes.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.