Did I make a correct snapshot for migration?

I made my first snapshot. I am not sure If I did this correctly.

I want to take this snapshot and upload it to my localhost on my MAC to do a major overhaul on this site.

Could someone tell me it I did this correctly - created the snapshot with all the proper files???

I am also wondering, assuming I did the snapshot correctly, how I can download the file so I can upload it onto my localhost on my MAC.

Thank you!
Stacey

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Stacey!

If you're doing a full backup, make sure you're selecting all files and all database tables for your snapshot.

What destination did you choose for your Snapshot? If you saved it locally, (on the server where the site you took the snapshot is hosted), you should be able to download it via FTP. Navigate to your wp-content/plugins/snapshot/snapshots folder, and your file should be there.

Next, you'll want to add it in the same directory on your localhost, so make sure you've already downloaded and installed the Snapshot plugin on that WordPress install, as well.

Then, go to the Snapshot settings, and you should see the snapshot listed in the Snapshot list. If not, you can enter the URL to where the file is stored on your localhost.

That's it! Good luck!

• Stacey

Hi @Michelle Shull

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have attached screenshot of the settings I used. Under tables to archive should I have selected the bottom setting then selected everything from the dropdown menu?

I am terrible at FTP - really I have no clue.

I wanted to send the file to my dropbox acct - in fact I made an identical snapshot and chose the dropbox destination - but I checked my dropbox and there is nothing there?? Does it take a long time to send to dropbox?

I have already set up a fresh plain WP install and installed snapshot on my localhost.

Once I finally get the proper file into dropbox can I just download it to my computer - unzip then drag it to the correct folder?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.