Did Smush it Change my media library

I installed Smush it on a single instance WordPress site.
Was that a mistake because it should only go on multi-sites?

What prompted my question is that I have noticed that the system is no longer putting uploaded images in the corresponding year/month folder. Instead it puts them in 2014/11, which seems to be an arbitrary spot.
Was this ever a bug in Smush it?

Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello John,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I noticed that you select a "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin for this topic instead of WP Smush Pro. I'd like to make sure whether you're using a WP Smush Pro plugin (this one) or WP Smush (free version - this one). Let me know please.

That said, both these plugins work well with Multisite as well as with single site WordPress. Image files also shouldn't be put anywhere else than their default folders, meaning that the Media Library structure/settings shouldn't be altered.

I'd like to investigate it a bit further so could you please add following lines to your site's "wp-config.php" file?

define("WP_DEBUG",true);
    define("WP_DEBUG_LOG",true);

These lines should be place above the "/*That's all, stop editing..." line. After this is done, please run bulk smashing again (you may want to add some images if all existing are already smushed) and then share the content of "/wp-content/debug.log" file with me please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.