Did you know your site is broken?

The usage button does not work.
So far on every plugin page I tried?

That does tell us one thing about the architecture or the site.

Head up

Ron

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ron,

It works fine here as well.

Please clear your browsers cookies and cache and check it again.

There has never been a single event for anyone that I know of or for myself reporting or experiencing this issue.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• rmahon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

okay, I've exhausted all my possibilities and I'll have not a clue about what is going on. Here I have a network with four computers all running Windows 7 except one, which is a dual-boot Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Primarily I use Google Chrome for a browser. I've cleared to catch flush the DNS and every time I hover over the usage button, it lights up and I see the JavaScript notice in the left-hand corner. But that's all it does.

Now, as I was trying Windows 8, I noticed that I had not installed Firefox yet. So I installed it. Login to my network dashboard and click on the WPMU button.

to my surprise it worked, but the presentation was slightly different. Then I realized I wasn't logged in. Hopeful that I had discovered something worthwhile. I proceeded to login to WPMU, , fully expecting that I would have the old behavior of not working.

To my surprise, it still works, although it never worked on the plane, Windows 7 machines.
    I'm open to any suggestions?

Best regards,
    Ron

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi rmahon,

Glad you found a partial fix. :slight_smile:

Have you used the Chrome Developer tools to check for errors on your W7 machines? Alternatively, use Firebug.

Is it only on this site that you experience problems with JS?

Please advise :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Mort3n

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Ron,

To be honest, I don't know either :slight_smile: Since I don't see this problem.

I suggest you open Firebug, load the page and check the console for errors.
    You can also use the Click to inspect feature to identify the relevant part of the code and dig deeper from there. It'll be JS related.

Although it's a long shot perhaps check any firewall, secure browsing or similar tools you may be using.

Cheers
    Mort3n

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ron,

There must be something going on there because am using Firefox as my primary/developing browser without any issues at all, but I run CCleaner every evening before shutting my machine down.

Currently running Firefox version 19.0.2

Have we nailed this one yet?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• rmahon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It Norton's fire wall!

That was the difference. If I turn it off every things good.

I been using Power Suite by Uni blue, it does the registry plus a whole lot more.

It really makes a difference, better than when it was new.

Thanks
    Ron

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ron,

Thank you for letting us know and for posting how you managed to fix this issue benefiting other members as well that are also experiencing this phenomenon.

Happy to see that this is resolved and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.