difference between instantly and relative to subscription?

Hello, I want to say thank you for the last support. It was extremely helpful. Now I am trying to set up each of the units and I came into a problem. the first one is I still can not upload videos bigger than 8mb. Secondly what is the difference between instantly and relative to the subscription? I want to set up for 7 days after they signup for the payment. Now if I protect the video gallery how do I do that so I can have it on the same membership? Thank you so much!!!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Garrett,

Hope you're doing well today!

To increase the maximum file upload size you have a couple options:

1. .htaccess - file is located in root of your wp install and can be access through FTP

Add the following code:

php_value upload_max_filesize 1024M
    php_value post_max_size 1024M
    php_value max_execution_time 1000
    php_value max_input_time 1000

That will increase your upload limit to 1GB

2. php.ini, also can be found in your root folder; however, you may need to create it. Some hosts restrict php.ini so you may have to contact your host to get it changed.

Add this code:

upload_max_filesize = 1024M
    post_max_size = 1024M
    max_execution_time = 1000

3. Last but not least, and one of the easiest methods, is to add this to your functions.php of your theme:

@ini_set( ‘upload_max_size’ , ‘1024M’ );
    @ini_set( ‘post_max_size’, ‘1024M’);
    @ini_set( ‘max_execution_time’, ‘1000’ );

Keep in mind, that if you change your theme then you will have to add the code again to your new themes functions.php.

Secondly what is the difference between instantly and relative to the subscription?

Instant access will give the user access as soon as they successfully pay for the subscription.

relative to subscription, allows you to set the number of days relative to the start of their subscription. So this is the option you want because you can set it to 7 days :slight_smile:

Now if I protect the video gallery how do I do that so I can have it on the same membership?

Are you protecting just a section of the page? You can use the shortcode method. Wrap the gallery in the following shortcode:

[ms-protect-content id="2,3"] video gallery here can be seen by members with ID 2 and 3 [/ms-protect-content]

If you need any further assistance on this just let us know :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.