Difference between Members Directory and Blog Directory

I know this question has been asked before, but I need more clarification. I currently have the members directory installed where all new blogs are members and therefore in the directory; what would be the difference with the blogs directory? We have a couple of different blog types that include personal bloggers, businesses, organizations. Right now the members directory puts them all together. I would like to have the ability to list separately; would any of the other directories provide this ability? What would you recommend?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya antKat,

The Members Directory plugin lists the actual members (the users).
    The Blogs Directory lists the actual blogs (not the users).

To separate them into different types you'll want to grab up our Blog Types plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/blog-types

We've got some updates planned that will make things easier to use this guy in the near future. For now, though, you could have your members select a blog type. Putting together a list of blogs by type would need to then be custom coded into your theme at this point, but it's a start :slight_smile:

Let us know if that's more what you're looking for. Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.