Difference between stripe single and subscription gateways

I noticed in Membership Pro 2 / payments / stripe gateways - there are two sections. What is/are the difference/s between the single gateway and the subscription gateway?

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Anthony ,

Hope you're doing well today!

The difference resides in recurring or one-time payments.

1) Stripe Single Gateway

It's used to one-time payments, when the user pays one time only to have a permanent/finite/date range access to the membership.

2) Stripe Subscriptions Gateway

Best used for recurring payments, when users pays every day/week/month/year to have access to a membership.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Anthony
    • Flash Drive

Almost.

I understand the difference between recurring and one-time payments - but when it's asking for the api keys, as far as stripe is concerned, it's the same set of keys. Unless I'm missing something in stripe that allows the creating separate set of keys.

I have multiple stripe accounts for different businesses but each only has a set of test and live keys.

Are we to use the same keys?

• Jude
      • DEV MAN

Hey Anthony

Hope all is well with you ! Hope you don't mind me chipping in here alongside.

I have multiple stripe accounts for different businesses but each only has a set of test and live keys.
      Are we to use the same keys?

Yup, you'd want to use the same set of keys here.

Cheers
      Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.