Difference in General Duration Time and Service Durantion Time?

Can you tell me what the difference is between the General Duration Time and Service Durantion Time?

http://screencast.com/t/l4UcjTKU

I need one service to be 15 min intervals and the other to be in the neighborhood of 3hr intervals. Not sure how to set up or which one of these overrides the other.

The one in the General tab seems to be Global and the one in the service tab seems to be specific to the service but you can only go up to like 120 minutes using the setting under the service tab.

Kimberly

Hello there!

The General Base time is the time that all of your other appointments are based off of. It is the minimum service time you will have.

The remainder of the settings will be based on this time.

It seems that the plugin only allows up to a specific amount of additional time in the Services section. I've played with the settings in a test install and cannot find a way to satisfy both the 15 min and 180 min services you need.

I'll see if the developer can help us with a workaround as it seems there is no precedent for having two very different lengths like this.

Best,

Kimberly

Hakan

Hi,

You cannot have 15 minutes and 180 minutes services at the same time as default, simply because we don't know such an application requiring such different service durations and we did not test it.

If you can provide a real world example for that we can test it and we may enlarge the current limitations.

Otherwise there are hooks available to customize it according to your needs. In your case, app_selectable_durations filter is what you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Hakan

scott74

Well I just was needing that, a real world example may be auto repair shop doing oil changes every 30 minutes and window tinting every 3 hours or full car detail ect...

Either way, I am not sure how to get the different minutes for different services to show correctly on calendar. All of my services show for 15 min increments even though I have two set a 75 min and 1 set at 15 min. Am i doing something wrong here?

http://screencast.com/t/xSuCn5pHFGj

And with this service, I have the worker hours on Monday set to end at 2pm but it stops at 12:45, so that is a 75 min difference, so I think it sees that last possible slot as 75min but is allowing all the other at 15 min increments
    http://screencast.com/t/R3zADo5C4Sl

Now I just booked the 10am and see what would happen and it does block out up to 11:15. Is there a way to get the calendar to show 75 min increments for this service so the business would not end up with dead time?

For intstance , if a service was available from 10 to 4 and the calendar is showing 15 min intervlas and someone books at 11 then that 10 oclock spot would be unavailable because there is not 75 between 10 and 11?

Hakan

That calendar is quite normal for me. If your service lasts 75 minutes and you finish at 2pm, then such a service cannot be appointed after 12:45, because it will exceed 2pm.

You can set Allow Overwork (end of day) as Yes to allow such appointments.

Please see settings page:

Whether you accept appointments exceeding working hours for the end of day. For example, if you are working until 6pm, and a client asks an appointment for a 60 minutes service at 5:30pm, to allow such an appointment you should select this setting as Yes. Please note that this is only practical if the selected service lasts longer than the base time. Such time slots are marked as "not possible" in the schedule.

Nobody is reading neither the FAQ nor the explanations besides the settings.

I think I will stop writing those documentation as they are useless.

scott74

That calendar is quite normal for me. If your service lasts 75 minutes and you finish at 2pm, then such a service cannot be appointed after 12:45, because it will exceed 2pm.

Yes I understand this but how do you get the calendar to show 15 min selections on one service and 75 min on another?

Is this suppose to do that?

http://www.screencast.com/users/Scott74/folders/Snagit/media/db20c202-94e0-4a5f-ba15-d6f83529d6cc

this way if you have hours set from 10 to 4 on one service it would not allow someone to book at 11 so you would not loose out on 10 to 11 spot. It would force them to book at 11:15 leaving you a full appointment slot from 10:00 to 11:15

So say you were a spa and had 30 min massage and 75 min massage - for me the calendar only shows one way and that is whatever increment you have set in the general settings.

So is there a way to display the calendar for a one servide that takes appointments every 15 min like this
    10:00
    10:15
    10:30

and when another service is selected that takes 75 min appointments like this
    10:00
    11:15
    12:30

Am missing a setting? If I am not , do you understand what I am saying... Allowing someone the option to book a service that takes 75 min to perform at 11:00 would grey out your 10 to 11 area because there is not a 75 min time frame in between 10 and 11, loosing your business an hour

All of my service calendars show available times in 15 min increments from the general global setting i guess..

So I have read the documentations...

Kimberly

Nobody is reading neither the FAQ nor the explanations besides the settings.

I think I will stop writing those documentation as they are useless.

I think you are being unfair with this.

The question is whether you can have two calendars with two different time intervals. That is all.

and this:

Otherwise there are hooks available to customize it according to your needs. In your case, app_selectable_durations filter is what you are looking for.

Is a stretch for anyone who doesn't know how to use those.

Are you saying that you can only have services that are relatively close in time frame? And if you want more you must custom code? That is what it sounds like you are saying.

Hakan

Hi Kim,

That is not I am answering. Scott asked another (second) thing in this thread:

And with this service, I have the worker hours on Monday set to end at 2pm but it stops at 12:45, so that is a 75 min difference, so I think it sees that last possible slot as 75min but is allowing all the other at 15 min increments
    http://screencast.com/t/R3zADo5C4Sl

This question has already an answer on the settings page and I am not unfair about it.

Now he asks another thing (shall we say the 3rd?). He asks what happens if 2 services do not have a common divisor as he wishes. So he wants 30 and 75 mins services, but he does not accept 15 minutes time base.

Scott, simply you cannot use A+, We do not have an argument that we will cover 100% of the potential cases.

Cheers,
    Hakan

scott74

Scott, simply you cannot use A+, We do not have an argument that we will cover 100% of the potential cases.

Don't get it !

All I ask if this allows you differnent increments like so here. Why does the calendar show every 15 min on the 75 min service.. I do understand that when you book a slot on the 75 min service it will block it out but what I dont uderstand is on the 75 min service whey the calendar still show increments of 15 min.

http://www.screencast.com/users/Scott74/folders/Snagit/media/db20c202-94e0-4a5f-ba15-d6f83529d6cc

Now he asks another thing (shall we say the 3rd?). He asks what happens if 2 services do not have a common divisor as he wishes. So he wants 30 and 75 mins services, but he does not accept 15 minutes time base.

This was just an example.. I made up the 30min.. so if you don't understand what I am saying make it 15 min and 75mi... I just said 30 for example of a spa because who does 15 min massages..

So real easy to get rid of the confusion.

A. You can set different time intervals for different services yes or no ? I'm going with yes jugging by this

B. You can only display your calendar one way and that is by what you have set in the general settings for time? So if you set that to 15 min then your calendar with show like this (10:00 10:15 10:30 10:45) no matter what time interval you have set here in your service time interval settings http://www.screencast.com/users/Scott74/folders/Snagit/media/db20c202-94e0-4a5f-ba15-d6f83529d6cc

yes or no?

C. So if both of the above are Yes - then when someone goes to book an appointment for your 75 min service, and you say you open at 10:00 and because your calendar will on display the way you have it in you general setting and is set to 15 min for your other service then it would allow someone to book a 75 min service at 11:00 blocking it out from 11:00 to 12:15 but also blocking out 10:00 to 11:00 because there is not a 75 min gap between 10 to 11 thus allowing a business to loose that hour they could have been performing a service

Hakan

Because there are almost infinite possibilities if your service is X minutes and your time base is Y minutes and we cannot provide css rules for all of them. Also we cannot generate a php function that will be applicable for all of them. This is what we can, regarding a software that should even run on a shared server.

Because we designed it like that considering almost all possible applications and potential performance problems.

Because this is a plugin that should adapt almost all websites and most of the intended businesses. It is not a constant php application for a certain website which runs on a dedicated server. If that had been so, we could have done it. That is why I am always saying that you can customize it according to your needs.

Because this is what we have, this is what we can offer. I don't think we are advertising anything else we cannot provide. If you believe it so, please tell me and I make them written down/corrected on our product page.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Mason

Hiya @scott74,

Just to follow up here as I feel it's worth mentioning (though I know you know) that this is a 1.0.x plugin released only a couple weeks ago.

Appointments+ is the result of careful planning and balancing the maximum features with the limited resources available. When you look at full-blown appointments services, they are installed on a server finely-tuned for that web app. They have the resources to do far more than most folks.

Anyway, the point is that it IS really killer to have feedback like yours and hopefully you see that we're making movement on ideas where possible and Hakan's been pretty aggressive with getting new releases out.

Give us time, and we'll continue to improve the experience of Appointments+ making it even more flexible and powerful.

Thanks again

scott74

Thanks Mason... yeah I have been looking for something for a while that fit my needs and this was pretty close and I have been pressured to get something implemented for a school.

Luckily this parent teacher thing is only for two days then can delete that calendar or change the appt time in the general setting to coincide with the volunteer concessions scheduling that they also want to use it for.

I am confident that Hankan can allow for times to show as such in the future.

i have a small work around going here for the show each schedule on load using the worker id's.. experimenting with a small bio on each one without having to create all the extra pages.. Third tab has bio. had to put one [app_confirmation] outside the tabbed slider to get this to work properly , so that loads beneath.

http://814media.com/bookings/scott-schedule/

Thanks Scott