different member profile

When signing up for a free membership, our people can change their profile. However there is a base profile and a premium members profile.

Unless they have paid for a premium membership we don't want the free members to be able to change the premium members profile.

I have attached a screen shot of the button I am referring to

• bxdavi2
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes Joe, I am using Membership with Buddypress. I have several issues, is there anyway to talk to someone directly so they can look at my site and we can get my issues fixed quickly today?

I have been trying to launch this site for over 2 weeks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bxdavi2,

Yes Joe, I am using Membership with Buddypress. I have several issues, is there anyway to talk to someone directly so they can look at my site and we can get my issues fixed quickly today?

It is possible to get someone to look into your site by sending them the log in details, though it needs to be someone who specializes with Membership and Buddy Press relative to this particular issue.

I have been trying to launch this site for over 2 weeks.

I have been in the IM market since 1998 and even when there are issues, minor issues of course, if we are getting the payment and it gives them benefit and this is not related to WPMU Dev in any way, shape, or form.

However, back to your profile issue, if I could not figure out how to restrict the page using the URL then I would personally embed the level code into that page - hard code that is, and then permission it 444 read only so that it would not be changed in the next Buddy Press

I am certainly willing to see if I can get the lead developer in here to see if he can straighten out these issue, but of course this will take time to get him in here.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bxdavi2,

Considering that our lead developer has indicated that custom coding will need to be done to make this happen the way that you want, unless you can do it yourself alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.