Different Pricing Levels Needed (e.g., Adult, Child) for Each Event - Possible?

Hello,

We have events that have differents price depending the category of attendee, e.g, Adult, Senior, Child, etc.

I would like a BOOK NOW button effectively for a given event, which would then allow customer to add details and select number of tickets before proceeding to payment screen.

Is this possible? Do you have an example of this anywhere for reference?

Many thanks,

Joe

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Joe,

Hope you're doing well today

E+ on its own doesn't have this option but it does integrate with MarketPress that would allow you to do this.

First thing you need to do is install and activate MarketPress plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

After that go to Events > Settings > Add-ons panel and in there enable "Payments via MarketPress Products" add-on.

You can now create MarketPress product with variations and those variations will be Adult, Senior, Child, etc.

Now when you edit or create event you will see new option if payment is enabled where you can select your product with variations.

When you check your even on front end you will now see option to select different price for the event.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Joe

Hey Predrag,

Many thanks for the clarification and help.

I've installed that, and entered what settings I think are needed there, but I can't quite see the option for setting/defining the various ticket groups and prices, etc. I imagine somewhere for a given event that I have the option to set ticket type 1, 2,...x and add related pricing, etc.

Any idea how this works with MarketPress? The only thing I can think of is using WooCommerce to create (ticket) products, and use a related category to feed in the info into MarketPress.

Am I answering my own question!?

Let me know

Cheers

Joe

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Joe,

Variations and their prices are set from MarketPress itself.
    So when you create new product you will need to create variations like this:

When you create variations you can now enter different prices for each one, like this:

Once that is done save your product and go to create a event.
    Enable payment for the event and you should see a dropdown to select your product:

When you check your event on front page you will now see a price selector like this:

Any idea how this works with MarketPress? The only thing I can think of is using WooCommerce to create (ticket) products, and use a related category to feed in the info into MarketPress.

I'm afraid that there's no integration with Woocommerce in either MarketPress or Events and having Woocommerce sell events like this would require some custom development.

Best regards,
    Predrag