different time base per provider in appointments plugin?

i have a clinic i am making a website for and thier doctors all have different time-bases for thier services. for example one chiropractor can see his patients every 30 min. while a primary care doctor needs 60 minute intervals.

right now it seems like in the settings for appointments it only allows you to choose one standard time base.

what is the best way to handle this?

thanks
Nikesha

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Nikesha

I hope you are well today, I have just been discussing this with the lead developer of the plugin currently there is no way to have a multiple time bases and I;m afraid there isn't a work around for that.

The lead developer is going to look into adding that functionality in a update to the plugin.

Currently though if you have your time base as 30 minutes, you can choose in multiples of that for the appointment length, so you could have a 60 minute appointment if that would work for you?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• dreamraven
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

thanks for getting back to me, the problem is that for the doctors that have say availability at 12pm, 1pm and 2pm, if i have it set at 30 min time base, the calendar shows availability at 12pm, 12:30pm, 1pm, 1:30pm and 2:00pm.

so it gets confusing for the patients. and it does not really work for us.. i thought about going in and manually booking the appointment times inbetwen, but that seems like a lot of work when we have 20+ staff members with different times.

let me know if something comes up in an update. i would really like to use this plugin.

thanks again
    nikesha

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Nikesha,

Thanks for the additional information, I see where that would be a problem.
    I'm afraid at the moment there's not an easy work around, you could set up some dummy providers and book the appointments in between with them, but it's still going to be a bit confusing for patients I believe.

I'll keep you posted on any updates, and you never know one of our great community members might be able to come up with something :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Nikesha

As Jack as indicated unfortunately this isn't an 'out the box' feature.

However there is a possible bespoke solution and I've provided links to two posts

You may wish to read the 1st post which actual links to the proposed solution in the 2nd post.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/different-appointment-start-times

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/different-time-base-for-each-service-on-appointments-wpmudev-plugin

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.