different user profiles

For one of my recent projects I have a problem wiht different profiles for different users. I hope you can help me find the solution.

People should be able to choose between two different profiles to promote their business: Basic (meaning showing only name and adres) or a more extended (paid) profile (showing extra info, like photo's, url, logo ect)

How do I do this? Is there a plug-inn for this?

Thanks already!

Mario Kerkhof

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya Mario!

While Membership provides you with the ability to limit *access* to content, it doesn't provide for controlling the *submission* of content.

Instead, you might want to combine Membership with something like Gravity forms which does provide tools for submission and *may* allow you to limit that submission based on membership level.

I'll ask the other guys to chip in with their suggestions of how you might go about that too.

Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Yeah, if the only difference is in the profile section (of BuddyPress?) for premium folks you probably don't need something as complex as membership. Something like a paid element through gravity forms would probably do the trick.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.