Difficulty giving only paying "subscribers" the ability to create events

Hi I need some help! I have been trying for 2 days to achieve the following goal with Membership 2 Pro and Events +, with no success.

My goal:
Give only PAYING "subscribers" the ability to create events, and events only. I don't want them to create anything else, such as "pages", "posts" or "projects" etc.

What I have done:
1. I gave all "subscribers" the ability to create and edit events in "Events +" Plugin settings.
2. I created a front end event editing page using "Eevnts +" short code, let's call the page "Create an event" and then I turned off backend editing for subscribers.
3. I created a paying membership level in M2P called "Event organizers".
4. I only granted "Event organizers" access to "Create an event" page.
Sounds like a good and logic plan, right?

Problem:
As soon as M2P is enabled, all "subscribers" lost their ability to create and edit events, even though they are enabled in "Events+" plugin.

What should I do? How do I make M2P and Events+ work together?

• Sajid

Hi Jeremy,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Membership 2 plugin does not have to make any changes in user roles out of the box. Unless you have enabled "Member Capabilities" add-on. If you have enabled this add-on then disable it and then check again.

If you have not enabled it and still they don't work together then please enable support staff access so I can take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Panos

Hello Jeremy ,

I noticed similar behaviour in my installation when I tried it out, so it's possibly a bug. It looks like these two capabilities features are having a conflict.

I have flagged the developer and reported this behaviour, so as soon as we have news on this, I or someone else will respond to this thread.

In the meanwhile I would suggest to use the capabilities add-on of only one of the plugins. In your case, since it's working with M2P Member Capabilities addon deactivated, I think it would be better to keep it this way and if there is some specific capability restriction you need, please let us know and we'll try and come up with some custom code to manage it :slight_smile:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.