Difficulty with Upfront Theme Design (Scribe)

I am having the hardest and most frustrating time trying to alter the design of my site for responsive settings. I have the default setup the way I want it to be, but when I switch to the responsive view, an image is in the wrong spot. I want the design to go Header area - Title - Photo - First Text Block - Second Text Block - Portfolio. But, it is set at putting the photo between the first and second text block.

There doesn't seem to be any type of cut and paste ability, just a drag and drop. And I just can't get it to be where I want it.

When I try to drag the image up to the top of the page before the text, and (though it looks like it is going to be put in the right spot) instead of moving the picture above the text, it moves all of the text down and puts the picture back underneath the first text block. So, now there is a big blank space at the top of the page.

I can get the picture to move above the page title and first block of text, but then when I try to move the title above the picture, for some reason the title and the first block of text move above the picture, and I am back where I started.

Please help. I have thought about making a separate area for the photo, but then that would mess up my default design which has the title and first text block to the left of the photo and the second text block and portfolio below that area.