Digital Assets Management question

I'm developing an online DAM ( Digital Assets Management ) resource for a client ( a small city ).

Primarily, it will include the city's photos and graphics, organized by departments, content and several other factors.

User login will be required, and authorized users will be able to choose the assets they need.

Although there will be no cost to users ( all pricing and payment options would need to be turned off and hidden ), it occurred to me that a shopping cart could be a good platform for a job of this sort: Users would not have to download each asset individually, but could add them to a cart and download all when they've finished making their choices.

Does this sound like a good fit for Woo Commerce?
Are there any sample or example sites that do something similar I could view?
What issues might I need to resolve in customizing for this use?

Thanx!
Chik

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Chik,

I'm not familiar with WooCommerce to tell you that this is possible only with this plugin (never tried to set price to 0) but if Woo allow for digital products to be free, then with little help of the Membership 2 pro you should be able to achieve your goal.

User login will be required, and authorized users will be able to choose the assets they need.

Membership 2 pro https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/ will allow you to protect products and/or checkout pages so only members (members that you can manually add to membership or send them invitation codes for membership) so only they will have access to those assets and will be able to purchase and download them.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.