Digital downloads on Marketpress

Hello,

I've been trying to find info in the forums regarding the use of your marketpress plugin for selling digital downloads. Here's what I need.

I have 11 MP3's that can be purchased individually, or as a complete bundle, or you can buy 6 of the eleven for a discount. I need a plugin that provides the purchaser access to the MP3's they purchase. Our customers generally purchase 3-4 MP3's then come back and buy more. Can Marketpress be used to keep track of what MP3's each customer has purchased and allow them access to those downloads only?

I know I can use levels in the membership plugin but I don't see how this would work if a customer returns to buy more MP3's. If Marketpress can manage this that would be awesome.

Thanks,

John

• aecnu

Greetings John :slight_smile:

I am not part of the WPMU Support Team but having experience with this particular plugin the answer is yes they can buy individual plugins or the set - it all depends on how you present the MP3's or product.

In addition, when they login - they will receive an account upon a purchase - they will see their downloads and be able to download them or make additional purchases. This helps them see what they have already purchased and makes there future purchases more convenient due to already having an account :slight_smile:

If I were designing this I would put in each MP3 individually and then also make a set as it's own product :slight_smile: I would set maximum downloads to 3 (per item)

Yes the download URL does NOT disclose the download area :slight_smile:

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• DavidM

Hi John,

I can confirm that the maximum downloads is per user/customer. The following is from the MarketPress settings page for that option.

How many times may a customer download a file they have purchased? (It's best to set this higher than one in case they have any problems downloading)

And yes, users have access to their purchased downloads from the site. It's there for them when they need it!

And many thanks for your awesome assistance here on the forums Joe. Even more points to ya...you rock! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.