Digital downloads and advanced Adaptive Payments question

Hey guys :slight_smile:

You could have just saved me a lot of WP-eCommerce hacking with this :slight_smile:

When will digital downloads be ready? Months? Weeks? Days?

Regards the 'advanced Adaptive Payments gateway' - this is something a developer I've been working with has been trying to add to WP-eCommerce. The issues were that I needed each user to have a different % of the taken sales, so for example User1 looses 10% to the store per-sale but User2 looses 20%. I'd also like the ability, if possible, to have the % change on a PER-ITEM basis. So for example a user could sell certain goods where they receive 100% of the payment.

Another great feature would be to bypass the %-age taken if they are a 'member' paying a monthly fee using the membership plugin, is this something you are working in?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

The issues were that I needed each user to have a different % of the taken sales, so for example User1 looses 10% to the store per-sale but User2 looses 20%. I'd also like the ability, if possible, to have the % change on a PER-ITEM basis. So for example a user could sell certain goods where they receive 100% of the payment.

A developer should be able to handle both of these requests for ya. We've got a ton more to do with this plugin and are only scratching the surface with the 1.0 version. We're committed to improvements and new functions, but I can't give ya an ETA on when something like this would be implemented. My guess is not anytime in the immediate future though honestly.

Another great feature would be to bypass the %-age taken if they are a 'member' paying a monthly fee using the membership plugin, is this something you are working in?

This is another great idea. We are working on some ways to integrate our membership and marketpress plugin (along with supporter). Again though, our devs are working some crazy hours already to keep up with what we have, and we don't want to rush something that isn't ready.

Very good ideas and we hope to get them implemented, it just may be some time still.

Thanks!

• Aaron
    • CTO

It would be pretty easy to adjust the percentage on a per site/store basis in the code. Per product type/category would be much harder.

That's already an option if you have supporter installed. Basically you limit all other gateways to Supporter sites only.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.