Digital downloads and Amazon S3 integration

Help? I just purchased a membership because I saw that WPMU Dev handled, amongst other needs, the digital downloads and Amazon S3 (which I had with a previous vendor). I realized, after I paid, that when I searched it took to me to a link outside of the the site to another vendor.

So can I create a music site and sell digital downloads? And have the downloads come from Amazon S3?

If not I might have to bail and go with a hodgepodge solution from another vendor.

Thanks,

John…

• truegold
    • Flash Drive

Hey Eric,

Maybe, lightly?

It’s not what I was looking for. I love the idea that Marketplace espouses of having it all in one place, tried, tested, fix, enhanced, evolving, supported, etc. I like some of the other flexibility as well. BUT in this case the competitor has a a very cool and professional way of handling it.

And as I had this functionality in using eStore I need it back. I’m here because there PayPal integration didn’t work flawlessly, tried but couldn’t figure out why, and refunded me my money and sent be packing.

So I need a comparable solution and I was willing to pay more to get it. But I don’t got it! Yet!

So I’ll settle for a workaround now hoping that something is in the works?

Apreciate,

John…

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

understood.

Just FYI that the plugin has not even been out for a year yet and is constantly being updated. Any requests you have for the plugin you should submit in the forums. These guys are great and will keep you in mind when developing the plugin further.

• truegold
    • Flash Drive

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the advice. I suspect you’re right. This idea seems noble.

But I’m just getting my feet wet and need my site ready to go by tomorrow. We have show on Thrusday and tickets can be purchased from our site. So when it doesn’t work, as it didn’t with the previous plugin, it’s a real stressor.

I’ll figure it out thought. Question please? Where are these eBooks? All I see is hmtl based web pages. Before I purchased I read that as downloadable, probably pdf, manuals that I could read offline? Am I mistaken?

Thanks,

John…

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya John,

I’ve alerted the developer to your request here, but at the moment we don’t have integrated S3 support into MarketPress. Do you have the link that made you think otherwise?

We’re happy to help, of course, but I don’t believe we don’t have this level of integration on the horizon just yet. Still, the developer will be able to respond with concrete information.

Thanks!

• truegold
    • Flash Drive

Hey Mason,

I can’t find it. I think (not sure) what may have happened is that I was looking at something that came up on a search.In the post was someone who suggested another link. I think I clicked on that while I was researching the e-commerce in MarketPlace and maybe misapplied the two seeing them as the same thing.

Otherwise I don’t know. I was so excited!

Concomitant I also saw your post back in December 2010 where you said:

“… We’re working to add digital downloads to MarketPress very soon. It’s been requested and on the road map! Once that works, it would allow you to let musicians/producers create their own mini- shopping sites and collect payment through paypal while allowing you to receive a percentage of each sale automatically.”

I guess I assumed that since you were working on it and it had been six months and then the other plugin showed up in May 2011 that ti was the same thing.

So why don’t you guys have this capability yet?

You guys are so close to what I need as digital music store. But not quite there.

Thanks for asking,

John…

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya John,

Yeah, we DO have support for digital downloads – just not integration with Amazon S3 which is a different beast entirely. Honestly, yours and the other thread are the only requests we’ve had for S3.

I’m with ya, I think it’s an awesome feature and one we totally will want to include. There’s only so many hours in the day so we really get our road map dictated by what members here want the most. Your interest and enthusiasm for it is definitely noted and the actual developer may have his own thoughts on this as well.

Thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.