Direct payment in marketpress

Is it possible to use the direct payment API of Paypal using marketpress?

I want to combine the direct payment ( so that the user will stay on my site and will not redirect to paypal) with the chained payment in “marketpress”.

Possible in some way?

Thanks.

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there,

That’s a good question, but I’m not sure it’s a good idea. The thing that I like about redirecting to PayPal is that it moves the onus of security onto PayPal and the redirect iconically reflects that handoff. Of course, when the transaction is complete, you’ll be directed back to your site, so I wonder what your concern is? I’m sure it would look much sleeker to complete everything in one window with no change of URL, but in most cases for clients with tight budgets, it’s not preferable.

I realize I haven’t really answered your question by posing another question, but hopefully it has inspired some thought. Let me know your thoughts on this and we’ll explore.

Cheers,

Paul

• InnoviNet
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi…

We’ve considered this option, but we still want to try the direct way (if its possible).

The sleeker look is the main idea of our app.

We will put some security logo and Paypal logo so that it will be clear that Paypal is the engine Behind the scenes.

Any help on where to start with this will be great..

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

You would need to hire a developer for this, it isn’t something currently available with Express or Chained Payment gateways of MarketPress.

I believe PayFlow will do this but you need your own merchant account then.

I know Paypal Pro is on the cards, once done that will process payments direct on your site.

If you require this now then you’ll need to find and hire yourself a developer to custom code it for you.

Take care

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.