directions for installing whmcs-multisite-provisioning

Hello, I've been trying to set up WP Multiuser and thanks to @timothy I think I have that working properly.

I tried to add the WHMCS Provisioning to my site and following the instructions I can't find a few things or am doing something wrong. In the instructions it says

Upload your /whmcs-multisite-remote-provisioning/ to your WordPress plugin directory:
/wp-content/plugins/

I can't find any whmcs-multisite-remote-provisioning folder anywhere. I've re-downloaded the plugin and re-unpacked it and still don't see that folder.

Please help as soon as possible.

Thanks!

• Dean Kaus

Thanks for the clarification @pc Now that question s is settled I've run into several issues and think that I may be installing things backwards or at least in the wrong order. One reason I think this is that in the
    whmcs-multisite-remote-provisioning instructions it say about copying a folder over another one, however I got the error message saying that they were the same files as the source.
    So this brings me to the conclusion that something is wrong and the directions are not clear (at least confusing to me. I think some I read are older and some of the steps are not relevant)

So in an attempt to get a clear mind of what to do, I want to install the following plugins
    WHMCS WP Integration (i didn't install this one first before so need to know what order to install these in for everything to work properly.)

WHMCS MU Provisioning ( I had installed this one and couldn't find some of the steps on how to complete the installation.)

I believe that I have the WP Multisite set up properly. My main site is kaushost.com I was testing out another theme but can change this altogether as somewhere in the instructions I read that I had to use the portal theme. (I also couldn't find a portal theme) so I followed a link to another site WHMCS.com and now wondering is this a seperate service? or do the plugins here provide the same sort of billing/site setup and controls?

Currently I'm managing all of my clients on their hosting companies. I've lost several clients due to the economy and because they wanted to be able to more easily change content themselves, add newsletter/blog information etc..

So I want to bring everything together and offer the Hosting services and with Wordpress themes they can decide on how much or how little they want to do on their own and how much they want me to continue to handle.

So my main page is the kaushost.com then I want to set up the subdomains from that location.

Please help me learn what plugins and what order to install them and any suggestions you can offer to make this run as simply as possible.

Thanks in Advance!

• PC

so I followed a link to another site WHMCS.com and now wondering is this a seperate service? or do the plugins here provide the same sort of billing/site setup and controls?

WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing & support solution for online businesses. Handling everything from signup to termination, WHMCS is a powerful business automation tool that puts you firmly in control

We have integrated that functionality into a plugin which you are using here. So its not a separate service

Please help me learn what plugins and what order to install them and any suggestions you can offer to make this run as simply as possible.

What I understand is that you want to set up a wp-multisite, where along with the plans you will be offering web hosting as well.

if yes, you will need
    1: Multisite installation (Subdomain)
    2: Domain mapping
    3: Prosites
    4: WHMCS and a few more.

Please advise

Cheers
    PC

• PC

So in an attempt to get a clear mind of what to do, I want to install the following plugins
    WHMCS WP Integration (i didn't install this one first before so need to know what order to install these in for everything to work properly.)

WHMCS WP Integration allows you to integrate your existing WHMCS installation into your WordPress website. So this is not what you are looking for unless you have an existing WHMCS installation from where you manage your clients

Cheers
    PC

• Kimberly

Hello Dean!

Seems PC has a pretty good handle on what you are asking for. But for further clarification:

You will need a WHMCS install hosted for you (in the same way you downloaded and installed wordpress from wordpress.org, you will need to do with WHMCS). The Provisioning uses this method to allow you to build and host your own solution for selling and managing websites, hosting etc. within your wordpress install.

The WHMCS Integration Plugin is for those who have their WHMCS installation already, or for those who plan to purchase WHMCS and install it. Its a fully automated billing and customer support engine. Our plugin integrates that with Wordpress to offer hosting in WordPress.

WHMCS can also let you sell domains, cPanel accounts, etc, etc whatever you have a server for.

I hope this helps to clear things up.

Best,

Kimberly

• Dean Kaus

Hello @KimberlyL and @pc thanks for the input, I guess I had everything pretty well backwords on how everything worked. I was under the impression that I could set up and sell subdomains from my bluehost account from my main domain name. I was told that my standard sharedhost account would be fine until I got several clients and then I would probably want to move over to their reseller program, especially once I started getting bigger corporate clients.

Then looking at their reseller accounts with the limits they have and saw some other hosting without the size limits just makes it harder to decide who to use and if it's even worth it.

So after your comments and suggestions above the WHMCS is just a billing and client management system and WPMU DEV's plugins simply allow me to use their software from within the WP dashboard environment?

Now over to Pro Sites. Does this plugin actually set up the sub domains as they are purchased?
    I noticed that it offers several payment options, will this plugin notify the clients that their account needs to be renewed? If the client doesn't renew will it automatically shut down the site?
    Lastly are the sites created using the Pro Sites only a blog or can they be programmed as a webpage?

Thanks ion advance for your thoughts.

• aecnu

Greetings Dean Kaus,

Then looking at their reseller accounts with the limits they have and saw some other hosting without the size limits just makes it harder to decide who to use and if it's even worth it.

Do not be disillusioned by the smoke and mirrors of the hosting without the size limits because those we have called out on this like Host Gator say that it is the number of files they go by instead of space - this is how they are getting away with this type of sales hoopla.

So after your comments and suggestions above the WHMCS is just a billing and client management system and WPMU DEV's plugins simply allow me to use their software from within the WP dashboard environment?

That is correct and our plugins allow integration of WHMCS into your WordPress installation, but you must still have WHMCS running separately in its native installation.\

Now over to Pro Sites. Does this plugin actually set up the sub domains as they are purchased?

Yes it sets them up as purchased or free ones too if that is an option you choose.

I noticed that it offers several payment options, will this plugin notify the clients that their account needs to be renewed?

It will automatically charge them when renewal is due.

If the client doesn't renew will it automatically shut down the site?

Yes it will shutdown and/or remove all the premium features if you offer a free version or trial upon expiration.

Lastly are the sites created using the Pro Sites only a blog or can they be programmed as a webpage?

Yes it can be programmed to be a web site.

This ticket has now strayed from its subscribed topic. If there are more questions, which you are more then welcome to ask, please open a ticket under the applicable plugin subject.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.