Directory 2.0.1 Released!

Thats right, after a extended beta period for testing you can now grab your copy of the latest Directory Plugin.

2.0.1 has just been released!

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-directory/

Enjoy!

• harryhayes
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Great job.

I love the extra instructions you have added.

Can I suggest for a future release, the ability to offer options for customers for recurring billing.

ie, pay monthly for 10.00 or pay yearly for 100.00 and save 20.00.

Are you going to make the theme available also?

Great work.

Nick

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Nick.

Thanks for the feedback there. I think that would be an excellent addition! I’ll pass some feedback back there for you. (I’ll mail the developer about it)

The latest version of the plugin is no longer theme compatible, it will work in absolutely any theme. As such it no longer has the theme you saw previously.

I’ve currently working on various docs and plan to replace those screenshots to avoid confusion..

Take care.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Just to note, the originally included theme is still there.

If you want to use it, just navigate via FTP to wp-content/pugins/directory/themes/default

Copy the default folder to your wp-content/themes/ directory. You should then be able to activate the theme (or make a child theme so that you can make your own customizations to it as necessary.

Separate recurring subscriptions is a good idea. Anybody else looking for that one?

Thanks!

• jongag1
    • The Crimson Coder

Yes it’s here!

I downloaded and installed it, listings show up (http://www.gemeentehollandskroon.net/gemeentegids-2/) and I made 1 test lisiting in the category “Anna Paulowna”. When the category is clicked the listing isn’t showing. Category goes to: http://www.gemeentehollandskroon.net/listings-category/anna-paulowna/

And listing is at: http://www.gemeentehollandskroon.net/listings/test/

DO I have to use an optional attribute at the page?

Regards,

• BlueHorizons
    • Flash Drive

The update broke numerous things for me. Luckily I had only just started testing the previous version and have scrabbled together most of what I had setup, however I cannot see Directory in menu any more to manage the Content Types. I thought that the changes to Listings might have integrated Directory settings there instead, but this does not seem to be the case.

Any ideas? or should I just delete the plugin and all settings and start all over again?

• BlueHorizons
    • Flash Drive

1. I updated Directory plugin.

2. My category listings stopped working, some disappeared altogether.

3. I went through the 3 step getting started guide. Step 1 and step 2 gave me errors (sorry, I didn’t keep a record, but they seem to suggest that the update didn’t like that I already had listing categories or something).

4. Had to re-create some categories using new Listings page, as they disappeared.

5. I tried to go through step 3 when I noticed that Direcotry menu disappeared in hope that this step would bring it back, but I kept getting a humerous message about me doing something with “huh” at the end I think … and then something about me having no privelages to do something.

I will look into the CustomPress plugin now then.

• Andrey

Hi jongag1,

Strange, I made test and categories working with BuddyPress on my server.

Maybe you have conflict with some plugins.

1. please try update the permalinks.

2. Can you test it with installation without any plugins?

thanks.

• Kruzen

Not that I should really have to ask (because I’ve only been asking for a year now!).

After partially developing the plugin myself, reaching out to the developers for a place to hook into to complete it, and continuously and repeatedly asking for it, as well as giving the benefit of the doubt that you guys are a great customer service oriented business (as you are :slight_smile: ) and giving a full 12 month subscription even after hearing a bunch of “I’ll look into its” for 6 months.

I’m hoping the answer to this question is favorable:

Is there now a formal place in the plugin to hook into to properly implement an affiliate plugin? If there is not, is there plans to integrate affiliate with this service sometime in the near future?

Please keep in mind “near future” doesn’t mean “soon!” like the release date for this plugin perpetually was.

:slight_smile:

I’m not trying to kick up dirt, but this is an extremely simple request and the plugin was already 99% completed by me, and just needs an appropriate hook built in to the plugin.

• jongag1
    • The Crimson Coder

@andrey

Hi and good morning,

I’ve disabled all plugins and resaved the permalinks. But that didn’t solve it.

Then I used the standard permalinks and then it’s working perfectly (http://www.gemeentehollandskroon.net/?p=123)

But when I swich back to http://www.gemeentehollandskroon.net/2012/02/21/voorbeeld-bericht/

(/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/)

it isn’t working anymore.

What could cause this? Other plugins are functioning properly when using the second permalink structure.

• prestonkd
    • Flash Drive

In order to get the grid display of the directory categories like you get when you use the default theme, do I have to also install and configure CustomPress? When I use the new plug-in I get a list of all categories (list of States in my test right now) but it is one column down the left hand side. If I switch to the included theme I get a grid with 4 columns. I know that is probably a custom post type or something like LoopBuddy controlling the display. My question is whether there is something I can configure inside the Directory plug-in or if it needs to be done through CustomPress or something like that. Been waiting on this to be released and excited about getting it going. Thanks in advance for any help!

• fitoussi

Hi Kruzen,

i think it happened to you maybe because you moved or deleted the “default” folder from the plugin folder. when i first updated the plugin i moved the folder “default” into “wp-include/themes” folder to activate the directory theme. but it caused the same problem as yours. when i copied the default theme back to the plugin folder the rating system back. i now have the default folder inside “wp-include/themes/” and inside the plugin folder.

hope it helps

• Kruzen

Just wondering, is this tested multisite compatible?

My main site [domain.com] has options for user settings including Directory Member PAid and Directory Member Not Paid.

However, my subsites [subsite.domain.com] only have the standard admin, contributor, editor, etc.

• Andrey

Hi guys,

@jongag1,

I fixed the problem.

@kruzen,

I added the Affiliate feature to Directory plugin.

And wrote addon for the Affiliate plugin – Barry should release the new version of Affiliate plugin soon.

If you need you can send request on my email: andrey@incsub.com

and I will send the addon file to you by email.

@martin Koss – Will it work inside another theme?

yes

to all:

Please update the plugin.

P.S.

Guys I will look all what you wrote here.

• Kruzen

Just wanted to confirm, something isn’t working right with user creation in multisite. I don’t have directory member paid or unpaid and a new user I create increases the user “count” but doesn’t actually give me the option to click on the user. odd behavior.

• Kruzen

A little more information:

If I go to an individual site’s user page (domain.mainsite.com/wp-admin/users.php) in a multisite installation, I see two users overall but only one shows.

On the settings for DOMAIN.COM I get a fully functional directory install.

On subsites of DOMAIN.com (IE: Subdomain.DOMAIN.COM), directory does not create the new user categories for Directory Member PAid / Directory Member Unpaid.

If I go to NETWORK administratration and pull up the subsite, the “missing user” is assigned “Directory Member Not Paid” but the assignable roles for new users don’t show it, and once again, this user is invisible on the site itself. However, under network administration for a subsite, if I “Change a user role” I do get the option to change it to directory member paid, unpaid, etc, but it doesn’t effect anything on the subsite.

Attached are pictures of all of this.

1) Domain.com’s directory settings.

2) Subdomain.Domain.com’s User Listings after a user signs up

3) Site “Network” Administration page for the subdomain.domain.com’s users.

4)subdomain.domain.com’s directory settings

• jongag1
    • The Crimson Coder

Oops… I was to early to say the permalinks were okay :slight_frown:

They looked okay when opening a listing and clicking on the category below it. But when clicking on the list with categories it isn’t.

I had to switch back to the default permalinks setting.

I also use sub-sub-categories, which aren’t visible at the website. How can I display them?

Also clicking a sub-category isn’t showing the categories beneath it.

You can see my categories at http://www.gemeentehollandskroon.net/?page_id=4131 (link will be dead when i swich the permalinks, then click on Gemeentegids to get an overview)

There currently is 1 listing: http://www.gemeentehollandskroon.net/?directory_listing=quality-contacts-b-v

Hope I gave you enough information to take a look at it.

Thanks,

• prestonkd
    • Flash Drive

They just released a new version but they still have the instructions up for the old version. The developer has said that he is working on a new set of instructions. It doesn’t work the same way so the instructions will do you no good whatsoever – as you have no doubt discovered.

I had used the old version a little bit but knew that the new version was coming so I waited for it to build my directory site. I’ve been having some difficulty also. We will both probably have to wait for the new instructions to answer some questions.

Two things I CAN tell you are that it will work better out of the box with the theme that was used with the prior version. It is included in a folder with the plug-in, but you will have to move it to your theme folder. Second, apparently – from a comment made by the developer – you need to also download and install the CustomPress plug-in in order to create the taxonomies that were auto generated by the previous version.

• redgsr
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the reply prestonkd – I have two comments for the DEV then.

1st makes no sense to release an revised plugin with an outdated sales page and instructions.

2nd it now appears that we/I will need to purchase the CustomPress plugin as well to get the same features that the current sales page says this plugin offers. CustomPress should be included with the directory plugin if it’s needed to use all the directory features.

• prestonkd
    • Flash Drive

I tried to find the reference to CustomPress that I saw yesterday and cannot find it. I actually found something in another thread that said NOT to install it. However, in the event that you do end up needing it, I saw earlier from your avatar that you are a monthly subscriber. I’m replying now by email so I can’t look to be sure. If that is correct, you should be able to download CustomPress. Maybe we’ll get some direction from those who know.

• gsheldon
    • New Recruit

Prestonkd.

CustomPress is returning an error to me when I am trying to use it with Directory 2.0.2. I have tried it with installing CustomPress before Directory, and Directory betore CustomPress – I have a clean, fresh WordPress install, and no other plugins activated. No success here yet.

• prestonkd
    • Flash Drive

Try it with the included theme and see if it works. You have to get that out of one of the included folders and put it in your theme folder. That is the only way I have been able to get it to work.

The reason for that as far as I can tell is that the plug-in is basically using custom post types and loop control to display the information as a directory. I don’t get the custom post types and loop control unless I use the included theme, which is specifically why I waited for the new version, because I want to use my own theme. I’m still messing with it to get it to work.

Try the included theme just as a baseline. If that works, then it is a question of whether your theme supports custom post types and whether there are some other settings that both of us are missing to get the theme to use the custom post types and loop control.

I used the previous version just enough to know that it worked perfectly. I have been hoping that we would get a new set of instructions for the new version. I feel like there is something simple that I have not done that will make the whole thing work.

• gsheldon
    • New Recruit

I just tried it with the default theme from the earlier version – no success.

I think the error message I am receiving is totally now on CustomPress version 1.1.9. I created a second new test site, with a fresh install of WordPress – and only loaded CustomPress. I get the same error – and that’s without any installed of the Directory Plugin 2.0.x

I don’t see any theme in the CustomPress download.

So it’s back to the beginning: the Directory Plugin is not working for me, either with or without CustomPress. And CustomPress is not working either with Directory Plugin or without it.

Thanks for suggestion of trying a different theme, however. It was a good thought, but didn’t work for me.

• Andrey

Hi guys,

This message for those people who transitioned from 1.0.7 version to new and now have problem with custom fields:

I found problem and already fixed it in v.2.0.3.

I hope you used my recommendation and made backup of DB before transitioned.

If yes – there are 2 ways return your custom fields:

1. Return the old DB and make transition to v.2.0.3

2. In old DB from table wp_options transfer next colums “ct_custom_fields” and “ct_custom_post_types” to new DB table wp_options.

• jongag1
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Andrey,

I did a reinstall of the Directory plugin. Seems to be working okay with all permalinks!

I’m now testing with Custom Press for some extra fields in Directory.

When adding a listing I can see the custom fields, thought when viewing the listing they don’t show up. Any suggestion on that?

I have a custom address field which I want to use with the Google Maps plugin.

I now made a map for the only listing I have right now, but it’s not displayed as a map, but as text??

And I’m still not able to display the sub-sub-categories. How can I display them?

Also clicking a sub-category isn’t showing the categories beneath it.

I’m using a main category to be displayed, when that is clicked I want to display the subcategory beneath it. Or the listing which are in that category. The same when a visitor clicks the subcategory, I then want to display the sub-subcategory or the listings for that subcategory.

Here you have new links to the categories:

http://www.gemeentehollandskroon.net/gemeentegids-2/

There currently is 1 listing: http://www.gemeentehollandskroon.net/listings/quality-contacts-b-v/

Thanks,

• BlueHorizons
    • Flash Drive

I seem to have two ‘Categories’ menu items appearing for Listings now.

One is using: edit-tags.php?taxonomy=category&post_type=directory_listing

Other is using: edit-tags.php?taxonomy=dp_boarding&post_type=directory_listing

Which should I get rid of in the database? and is there anything else I should look for to clean this up?

• BlueHorizons
    • Flash Drive

I manually removed the extra Categories entries from the database without obvious knock-on consequences. I think this was leftovers from the update problems I had from the previous Directory plugin from which I added the default example content.

• jdubbs
    • Flash Drive

Yes I read through the installation instructions and had already installed the shortcode. I think there is a lot of information missing from the documentation or its out dated.

These pages don’t work, I’m getting a 404.

The Sign-up Page at: YourSite.com/signup/

The Sign-in Page at: YourSite.com/signin/

Listings Page at: YourSite.com/listings/

I want all categories to display. Is this possible with the shortcode?

I want users to be able to search the directory? Where is this functionality?

• jdubbs
    • Flash Drive

is there associated styles with the directory listings? Screenshots on your site and actual listings on my site are not even close. The rating system is forced to the bottom rather than on the right. Is this because I’m using different theme?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings everyone,

I would first like to let you all know Andrey is hard at work resolving the many issues the folks here in this ticket are giving us feedback about.

I’ll see about getting Andrey back in here asap and at minimum give everyone an update to his progress concerning the new version of the Directory plugin.

Thanks again for your concerns and your feedback, it is truly appreciated.

Cheers, Joe

• Andrey

Hi guys,

I released the new version.

Please update the plugin.

Who used Directory + CustomPress – please update CustomPress too.

@jdubbs

These pages don’t work, I’m getting a 404.

– please try update permalinks.

– don’t use default permalinks;

@Cliffordand @jdubbs

can you control how many columns….

I will look it.

• Clifford P
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for working on things.

So how can we rearrange the custom fields on the Listings write panel (and thus the Directory’s single-listing.php output)?

(P.S. my workaround, and potentially permanent solution, is to have my own single-listing.php file in my theme and embed the custom fields)

• DDV
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I love the plugin because it is so easy to use but would be great to be able to upload images to represent each listing category, to be able to enforce admin approval of member listings before they go live and to be able to create forms for members to complete when adding a listing. Are those features planned for a future release?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Clifford & DDV,

@clifford your custom solution using the single-listing.php file is a great solution for putting the custom fields in the order you want them. Please be sure to permission the single-listing.php file 444 read only after your changes so that it may not be possibly overwritten during a theme update.

@ddv please create a new ticket with your valued feedback and feature requests so that I may mark the ticket as a feature request and the developer is focused on the request instead of the monstously long contents of a ticket like this one.

@everyone We are now few versions into the Directory plugin and this ticket is no longer useful due to relevancy therefore I am going to mark it as resolved.

If issues remain, please create your own new tickets so that we may address your individual issues as needed.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

This thread’s gotten rather long and difficult to track issues. If you’re having any trouble please open up a unique thread for your issue and we’ll take a look straight away. I’m not closing this, but gonna go ahead and ‘unsticky’ it to make way for new stuff.

Thanks everyone.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.