Directory and user roles

I installed the Directory plugin on my multisite installation, and then activated it on the main site, and edited the settings.

Now I can't assign any user roles other than Directory Member Paid, and Directory Member Not Paid. I can't assign admin, editor, etc. roles.

Deactivated the plugin and deleted it. The Directory roles remain, and I still can't assign admin, or any other roles.

How do I clean up this mess?

• babbsela
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I think I've figured this out, and am posting this, in case someone else has the same problem.

1. I had given the database a new prefix, and discovered that I had both wp_user_roles and db_user_roles.

2. I deleted msb_user_roles, because that contained only "directory member paid" and "directory member not paid", and then renamed wp_user_roles to db_user_roles. The default roles came back.

3. Unfortunately, I now didn't have the roles for "directory member paid" and "directory member not paid".

4. I used this plugin to create the missing roles: User Role Editor http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

5. I added the two missing roles. Unfortunately, they're now named "directory_member_paid" and "directory_member_not_paid" in the roles list.

6. I found those two entries in the database, and changed the names to "Directory Member Paid" and "Directory Member Paid" and now everything is as it should be.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @babbsela

Hope you're well.

I'm not too sure why you can't set the capabilities for other users, but I'm nevertheless glad that you found a workaround.

It would still be interesting to investigate why you don't have this function available. Please see my screenshot as reference.

Have a good day and well done on the workaround!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.