Directory: Can I link taxonomy titles?

Hi,

I am using the directory plugin. When I click on a category, for example "Communication" > listed under 'By Subject Area', the subcategories show. The header then reads: By Subject Area /
Communication (and then the subcategories are listed). Here is the page: http://manag.rs/oN0cSr

Intuitively, I want to click on 'By Subject Area' to go back instead of using my browser's back button. Do you know if it is possible to hyperlink 'By Subject Area'? Thanks for your help.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi wdywft,

I believe that would be output by line 12 of /directory/themes/default/taxonomy.php as follows:
    <?php /* <a href="<?php echo get_bloginfo('url') . $wp_rewrite->front . dp_get_taxonomy_vars('slug') . '/'; ?>"> */ ?> <?php echo dp_get_taxonomy_vars('name'); ?> <?php //</a> ?> /

And oddly enough, the url link in there is commented you. You may be able to simply uncomment that by removing the /* and */, resulting in the following:
    <?php <a href="<?php echo get_bloginfo('url') . $wp_rewrite->front . dp_get_taxonomy_vars('slug') . '/'; ?>"> ?> <?php echo dp_get_taxonomy_vars('name'); ?> <?php //</a> ?> /

Perhaps that'll work for ya?

-David

• wdywft
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi David,

After changing the taxonomy.php file, I emptied all caches (W3 Cache plugin), reset the permalink structure (changed it, clicked save, changed it back) and cleared my browser's cache, even tried different browsers.

It's still telling me: Sorry, we can't find the content you're looking for at this URL. ... Do you know what I am forgetting? (The problem remains even after I change the taxonomy file back to normal...)

--- sorry, just tried it again and set the permalinks to 'default', that worked.

But now it's telling me that that line has a syntax error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ----------

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.