Directory Categories... how do I display them nicer?

Good morning valued Support-Team,

anyhow I can't figure out how do I display the category list of the directory plugin in a prettier way. Tried several shortcodes but frankly I don't find the right code for it.

Please be so kind and advice how do it better.

Thank you
Prinz

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Prinz,

Hope you're well :slight_smile:

I have created new private page with list category shortcode and added this custom css code to get the styling a bit nicer:

#dr_list_categories ul li h2 {
    	display: inline-block;
    	width: 100%;
    }

#dr_list_categories ul li {
    	clear: both;
    }

#dr_list_categories ul li:before {
    	top: 24px;
    }

You can check the page on your directories sub site on /wpmu-test-page/ page and let me know if you like it like that :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Prinz,

Glad to hear you like it now :slight_smile:

1) make a pagination on it, with next site (to avoid such long scrolling down)...

This is not something included in the plugin but there is a workaround that takes bit more time to accomplish.
    I tried creating an example on your site but I was unable to open you subsite so I'm going to post it here.
    What you are going to use is <!--nextpage--> code which you will add in content to break category page in multiple pages.

You will need to go to page where you are creating your categories and when you open category search for category ID in the url (see screenshot attached).

Now on your category page add category shortcode with ID of categories you want to show, add next page code, then shortcode with categories for second page and repeat those steps, the code will look something like this:

[dr_list_categories style="list" lcats="4,15,16"]
    <!--nextpage-->
    [dr_list_categories style="list" lcats="3,17"]
    <!--nextpage-->
    [dr_list_categories style="list" lcats="7,8,9"]

2) ideally showing always the main category and, when clicked on the main category it will unfold the available sub-directories?

Unfortunately this would require some more work since the html structure is not ready for something like that, first issue is the link of post and no specific ID to point script to so when clicked on one main category it will expand all categories.

Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.