Directory category listing as drop down menu?

I have WPMUDev Directory installed and am using [dr_list_categories style="list"] inthe widget area to allow visitor to search the directory.

I would like to list the categories as a drop down menu (just like I can with any other post type)

How can I acheive that?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Geoff,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

It sounds like you want to add in a search form. The shortcode simply lists a list of the categories linking to the respective category. Are you wanting a search option to select a category and search or is it drop downs to filter the results? On a listing archive page?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-wp-query-search-filter/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-posts-shortcode/

These 2 plugins will allow you to create a post type specific search option and the display posts shortcode will give you a list of just your listings :slight_smile:

The query plugin you will be able to place in your widget.

Look forward to hearing back on this Geoff! Hopefully I'm understanding the issue correctly.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Welcome to the WPMU DEV Communtiy!

• Geoff
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry, I have not been clear enough.
    I want to add the list of categories to the menu.

The shortcode does exactly what I want it to do in the side bar, but I want the categories to appear in the menu as a drop down sub menu.

THe menu manager allows us to select a category as a menu item and then its child categories form a sub menu. But the categories of the Listings created within the WPMUDEV Directory plugin are not available as categories to select from within the menu manager.

If you go to weta.org.au you will see the list of categories in the right hand side bar, I just want those categories to appear under the menu heading DIRECTORY

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.