Directory category not displaying listings

Hello,

I am using the Directory plugin and I'm really struggling to get the category (archive) page to display listings.

I can see an individual listing page but when I view the category that it is in I just see a blank page. For example, I have created a directory listing in a Directory category called "Removals". The single listing can be seen at /directory/test

But when I view the actual "Removals" category, which is at /listings-category/removals/
I can not see the listing on the list page.

I'd be very grateful if someone could login and give me a hand with this. I have disabled all other plugins and it doesn't make any difference.

I have already granted WPMU with support access.

Thanks so much.

Regards,
Greg

• gversion
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am now running the default theme and when I try and view the category page I receive a 404 error.

I have set the directory archive custom slug in CustomPress to be /directory-category/

So I am trying to access the "removals" category page at /directory-category/removals/

However this does not return any results...

If you could continue to help me that would be great!

Thanks,
    Greg

• gversion

Hi,

I think my installation of the Directory plugin must be corrupt. When I go to /listings/ it just displays the word "Classifieds", which is a link to /classifieds/

I have tried deactivating the Directory plugin and also deleting it but this is not resolving the problem. I think there might be hidden files/settings that are not being deleted.

Can you please tell me how to completely remove the Directory plugin so I can start from scratch?

Thank you,
    Greg

• gversion

I have just noticed that if I disable the Directory plugin then the "Listings" menu does not disappear from my Admin area so it does not seem to be deactivating properly.

If I disable the "Classifieds" plugin then the "Listings" menu and the "Classifieds" menu items disappear.

So it seems that the Directory plugin is somehow linked to Classifieds. I think this is the problem but do not know how to resolve it.

I'll await further instructions from you.

Thank you,
    Greg

• gversion

Also, I just noticed that when I create Directory "Listing Categories" it is creating a category under Posts > Categories.

I do not think this should happen...

I thought I would mention this as the more information you have the better, I guess!

Thanks,
    Greg

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Greg,

Thanks for all the details, I had another look at your site but it would be great if you can send me your FTP login details so we can investigate this further.
    You can send us your details using our contact form and this template:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Also, is it ok if I switch themes and disable plugins while testing?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• gversion

Hi Predrag,

Thanks so much for offering to help me out with this.

I think something became corrupt so I decided to start with a fresh installation and just build the site again with the required plugins. So far so good but I am keeping a close eye on it. I think the problem was introduced when I started to change the slugs for the custom post types. I still need to do this on the new site so I will get back to you if the problem happens again. In the mean time, there's no need for you to login via FTP.

Thanks again,
    Greg

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.