DIRECTORY Child CSS

Hi, I've installed Directory, the directory theme and a child theme
Could someone give me some basic css I could include in the child style.css file to make a basic but obvious change on my site. (LIKE changing the color of the the footer or something)

To date I have not been able to get any css modifiaction to show... am I missing something?

ps - this question box is white text while typing on a white background???? I also wanted to use the choices to select the installed theme but it diedn't show any?... so I've selected the directory plugin.??? But the stupid question form wont update.... ??????

• Ashley Keable
    • The Incredible Code Injector

If you have something in particular you want to change the easiest way to do this is use either google chrome (my preference) or firebug for firefox

You can simply right click that particular element and choose "inspect element"

Then you can change the code in a live preview to get the desired effect. Once your happy with what you have done simply copy the code and past it into your child themes css file.

It may be pointless me saying this as you may already be aware but i thought i would throw this out there just in case.

• timbryden
    • Flash Drive

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. I'm familiar with all those. It was a minor setup issue combined with some css being loaded after the style.css with respect to options and colors. Two minor issues = minor insanity for a little while.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.