Count these as bugs or enhancements or whatever, but here are my suggestions:
– screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/krJMQYNhd (real URL here: http://crescentridgehomeowners.com/listings/example-premium-listing/ )
– I created a category called “_Premium Listings”, among all the other Listing categories. I added the leading underscore so it shows up first in the list of categories.
– I also use a slider plugin at the main listings page (above the “list all listings” Directory shortcode), viewable here: http://crescentridgehomeowners.com/local-directory/
1) Add an “edit this” link on the single post (it’s already on the excerpt view: http://crescentridgehomeowners.com/listings-category/premium-listings/ )
2) Integration with custom fields: have a Directory general setting for hiding blank custom fields
3) general setting for hiding other things too: featured image, posted on date, author info/link
4) general setting to allow/disallow (hide) ratings for all listings
5) per-listing option to enable/disable (hide) ratings for that specific listing
6) have a Directory-wide general setting for allowing/disallowing comments (just for this CPT). I know it can be done per-listing on the editor screen, just like a regular blog post.
7) Add option to hide specific custom fields
8) Add option to hide all custom fields for all Listings
9) Add option to hide all custom fields per Listing/single post
10) Add address field and map the listings
I know some of these can be done in the child theme template, but the plugin should be robust enough to handle all these requests without me needing to hack it in a child theme.