Directory & Custompress & Buddypress

I would like to know if it is possible to do the following and how to go about doing them:

1. I like to use directory plugin to create a directory listing of brokers.

2. I like to use custompress to create a custom post called 'trade results' that have few custom fields, and it needs to link to a particular broker in the directory.

So when I query trades per broker, I can pull all of the results for that one broker from the directory listing.

Since trades are entered by members, I would like to have add a "trades" section in buddypress that will link to the trades custom post.

I thought about adding a custom field for the broker_id, but then I need to look it up every time, and if there is no such broker, then I'll need to create that broker entry first... I think if I can create a custom taxonomy as brokers (tags) and it somehow links with the directory plugin, and will create a blank directory entry if it does not already exist, then I think it would be the more user friendly choice.

Any help that you can provide is appreciated. I just need the right understanding and the right direction on this project, Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings henry_liu,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

This is indeed an intriguing project but also way beyond the scope of the support that we provide here.

I truly want to help here but there is no specific issue to address and though we are indeed supplying the tools and materials, I do not have a vision of what you want to build nor do we supply the blue print or plans thereof.

So my advice is to apply yourself and start building out your vision and when you get stuck with a specific issue, we are here to help resolve that issue.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.