Directory entry does not unpublish after subscription expires

Plugin disappointments:
• This is really not a plugin if you have to use a specific theme to make it work. A plugin should be "theme independent" Some plugins that have special pages, provide a template page you can install in your theme.
• A paying user can see ALL directory entries not just their own. Not acceptable.
• I did a test with paying user that created a subscription for 1 day. After that time had expired, the paying user's post didn't disappear. Not sure if its listed that it is suppose to do so. But I would assume that while a customer pays their listing in the directory is visible. Once they are not longer paying or time runs out the listing in the directory shouldn't be visible anymore or unpublished.
• A user can not select the category that they want to be listed in from the front end.
• It would be nice to control how many listings a user can add.

• Mason

Hiya virtualbiz4u,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thanks for your feedback here. We actually have a largely rewritten version of this plugin about to be released. We've made some changes and modications based on user feedback here and the plugin is just about there.

It was meant to be released a week ago but we had a slight snag as we lost the developer. We've already assigned it to a new developer, however, and he's working hard getting up to speed on the code.

Some of the things we've changed are the extreme theme dependency of this plugin. I still like the default theme and extra options such as grid display - but we do recognize that folks want the option of using their own theme and we're working to address that.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback. We'll have the update out just as soon as we possibly can.

• virtualbiz4u

Any word yet on the new version of this directory plugin? Please let me know if any of these issues are being worked on so I know if this can still be a solution for our client.

• Need "theme independent"
    • A paying user can see ALL directory entries not just their own. Not acceptable.
    • Once they are not longer paying or time runs out the listing in the directory shouldn't be visible anymore or unpublished.
    • A user can not select the category that they want to be listed in from the front end.
    • It would be nice to control how many listings a user can add.

• Mason

Hiya virtualbiz4u,

I just tested the latest beta of this plugin earlier today. All of the issues you mentioned above are being worked on and will be addressed. As we're trying to get the next release out shortly, the only thing that may not be included is the ability to control how many listings a user can add.

I agree though, that would be a nice feature to have and will mention it to the developer as well. Thanks, sincerely, for your patience. We're pushing for a release in the next week.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.