Directory Error

We are receiving an error on our directory listings:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nokacom/public_html/beta/wp-content/plugins/directory/ui-front/general/display-custom-fields-values.php on line 45

Please help .

• PC

Heya Dean,

Thanks for jumping on to this one.

@nokanet : I searched for your problem and found the below solution

This is a known issue of Directory and we are working on it right now. Here is what you need to do to fix it up for now.
    Install the CustomPress plugin and create a custom field and save it, the error goes away. Refer this thread here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/warning-message-in-directory-plugin#post-208668
    CustomPress : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress

Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/error-while-trying-to-set-a-listing

Let me know how does it go for you !

Cheers,
    PC

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @nokanet

Great community support we have here, thanks to Dean and PC.

The post that PC referred to should clear the problem for you, so I will go ahead and resolve this thread, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

All the best!

Gina

• nokanet

Thank you, we will follow those instructions...but honestly I'm a little disappointed with this so far. It's been 24 hours and we haven't been able to configure this plugin to look like your demo.

No login and purchase listing widget for customers
    No large search box at the top
    No directory type landing page
    No image display in listing view

Your plugin is pretty expensive considering other premium plugins/themes. This is not what we expected.

• PC

@Nokanet : Sometimes a plugin or a particular service might take sometime to configure as per your requirements, though we have created a extensive user manual for you, still we are always here to help you out to achieve what you want.

All of us at WPMUDEV are here to help you. Please feel free to post any issues that you face after following the instructions posted above. Remember, the more explanatory you are, the more it would be for us to help you out.

Rest assured, you would not be disappointed for buying the services. We leave no stones unturned to help our members.

Cheers
    PC

• Dean Kaus

Hello @nokanet
    First let me start off by saying that I too felt that the fee's were a lot of money for a theme and plugin. I will have to say that money was tight and I wasn't happy at all. However after a week or so and my learning how to be more specific in what I was trying to accomplish, I not only found that many different people in this forum were more than glad to help.

So I quickly learned that the fee's I had paid really aren't just for the theme's, plugins etc... (they are the bonus) but rather a membership to a community of people of all levels from novice to expert in all areas of programming and skill set.

I believe that you'll find out that your membership here will be more than invaluable once you get involved and give it a chance.

I think you'll like it.

• nokanet

@PC I'm sure that we could learn more by further investigating and maybe even outsourcing some CSS to make it work, but that's simply not what we expected when we signed up for this plugin. Your description of this product makes it appear that it's a simple "solution" which its not.

In the end we will do our best to make the best of this situation. We have completely removed the Directory plugin and will explorer some of your other plugins which appear to be pretty useful. So hopefully we'll find something to compensate for this loss.

@Dean Kaus thank you for you reply. Unfortunately we don't have the time to do this right now. We are already using a better Directory plugin but were hoping to have found an even better one in WPMUdev. Thank you again for your time.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @nokanet

Thank you for your latest post and expressing your frustration with the Directory Plugin. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our products and we can only do it by listening to the feedback of our community members. So thank you for sharing that with us.

We'll release an improved version in the near future, so I will keep you posted as soon as it's released. In the meantime, if you need support with any of our other plugins or themes, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good weekend.

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.