Directory error on sign up

Hi,

I am getting the following error on sign up with Directory (latest version), if a user does not complete all fields required in step 3.

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/radlett/public_html/email/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 497

I have also noticed these fields can be filled with garbage and the checkout process still continues. Even if the checkout process fails or a user then cancels before proceeding, a user account is still created. Is there any way to avoid this?

Please help, Due to go live in 2 days.

Thanks

Nick

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Nick

Thank you for the feedback on the Directory Plugin and for posting the error message on the forum. I'm a newbie here, so won't be able to answer you off the top of my head. Please let me look into this problem for you and either myself or one of the WPMU DEV Support Team will get back to you on a solution.

I've taken note of your deadline and will make it a top priority to get an answer for you.

In the meantime, if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Gina :: Multiplicity
    Trying out as WPMU DEV Support Staff - Let me know how I go

• Andrey
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi harryhayes,

I changed validation.

please update the plugin.

About "...user account is still created":

Maybe I can delete account if user canceled payment (clicked on cancel link in PayPal).
    But I don't think that I can check that he closed paypal page before pay.

I will think about all it.

thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.