Directory is breaking dashboard

My dashboard layout is broken and the culprit seems to be Directory. I've deactivated all plugins and re-activated them one-by-one and the layout is fine until Directory is active.

Directory version is 2.2.0.3 now (I updated to see if it helped) but this was happening prior to update.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Interesting Tim. Looking at your site I'm finding that the problem comes from the Events+ css/admin.css at line 227. It sets the padding-top to 0px. The default from the Wordpress css for that ID set is 10px. Setting it back to 10px in events solves the problem. since generally not changing something is better than changing something, I set yours to 10px if you want to play with it.

#wpbody-content .metabox-holder{
    	padding-top: 0px;
    }

to

#wpbody-content .metabox-holder{
    	padding-top: 10px;
    }
  • Arnold
    • El Macho WP

From what I an see. There are a couple of plugins, Directory one of them, that adds a border-bottom to the .wrap h2 to add a 1px underline to the Dashboard title on the Dashboard page. Gives a touch of separation from the boxes below an dtabs in the settings page. That's a 1pixel increase in height. for the title. This apparently makes it sensitive to the Events+ change.

Then Event+ remove the 10px padding-top to 0px from metabox-holder class which moves the meta boxes tops up high enough that the float left bumps into the the dashboard icon and keeps the left column pushed over the width of the icon to the right making the left column wider and not leaving room for the right column pushing it down.

Since there are several plugin that add borders to h2 and I can't see a good reason for removing the orginal 10px of padding, changing the Events+ fixes it everywhere and preserves the original Wordpress formatting.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.