Directory - Is there a shortcode to display the boxes for just a category?

I want to build a page, similar to the main Listings page that's default in the Directory plugin, but sort it into sections based on the Categories of the listings. I'm hoping to be able to, on the Listing page, be able to write Category title (and maybe a pic), then the shortcode showing all the listings for that category, then a break, and the next Category title... etc.

Can this be done? I cannot figure out what to modify in the shortcodes to perfectly accomplish this.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @ProCntr

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

That would certainly need some custom bit of code.

I would request you to please hangon while I seek some support from our lead developer @Arnold as to see what needs to be done.

Please note that it might take a bit longer than a normal thread.

Regards.
    PC

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Doing a list of one category is a standard Archive page. Something like

example.com/listing_category/some-category

will give you a list of that category.

Trying to combine and group multiple categories on one page would require multiple queries and loops and would be a real pain tp paginate. A very slow page.

Most peolpe use the [dr_list_categories] short code to list the title of the categories and they can start from there.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.