directory listings not paginating

Hi guys,

I've started filling out my directory with mock data, and I've found that the pagination is a little messed up.

At the moment, five listings appear on the page, and right at the bottom, instead of <previous> and <next page> appearing, these links are 2 random listings...

Is there something wrong with my code, or is this an issue with the plugin...

Cheers,
Rody

• Kimberly

Rody

Hi and Thanks for using WPMUdev forums!

I did a quick test to double check this and I believe this is how your theme displays pagination.
    EDIT: Are you using any pagination plugins? How have you set the listings to show 5, did you use your settings in Dashboard>Settings>Reading?

I'm attaching a pic of the listing pagination in twenty eleven (my original test was in another theme with same result)

If you are using one of our themes I can test to see what is happening and help you find a fix perhaps?

Best,

Kimberly

• swingarody

I'm using the default "directory" theme (just changed the css)

When I changed to the twenty eleven theme, I figured out that it was loading the file content-page.php. But when I inserted that file into my theme, it doesn't load it... I have no idea what template file it's using... I can't even quite figure out when it's using the theme files or the plugin files.. GAH!

Anyway, I'm still working my way through it, but I've also figured out that when the listings are shown, it thinks it's a single post, which is why the <previous> and <next> links go to single posts, and not pages... if that makes sense..

Also, does the directory have a featured listing function? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

• Kimberly

If you have moved the Default Directory theme to your Theme files then it will use the theme files in there to display the posts.

The theme files will control the display.

When you are inputting info then you are seeing what the plugin controls. :slight_smile:

I've also figured out that when the listings are shown, it thinks it's a single post

How are you displaying them? Are you using the shorcode?

• aecnu

Greetings swingarody,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.