directory on a subdomain

Hi,

I wish to have a subdomain of my website offering a directory, similar to what edirectory is offering.

Can you suggest a theme for me?

I would also like to know if people logged in to my main (content) website, could move to the subdomain (directory), without having to logon / signin again.

Thanks.

• Patrick

Hi @qqldiego

I wish to have a subdomain of my website offering a directory, similar to what edirectory is offering. Can you suggest a theme for me?

If you're referring to our Directory plugin, it comes bundled with a theme that you can upload to your wp-content/themes directory and activate as your main site's theme. You 'll find the theme in the plugin folder under directory/themes. If you don't like that theme, then you can use pretty much any theme you like, and display the Directory output via shortcodes.

I would also like to know if people logged in to my main (content) website, could move to the subdomain (directory), without having to logon / signin again.

That is the default behavior of WordPress multisite (network). However, you may run into difficulties if you intend to map subdomains to unique domain names. See this thread for an excellent discussion on that topic: premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/single-sign-on-with

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.