Directory Plugin

I have been working on this for a while now and when I add new listing's to existing categories nothing happens. After editing the listing and updating it there is nothing there but a blank page when I go to view the listing. Am I doing something wrong here? I certainly hope you guys can give us some support, I am using the latest version of headway as our theme and wordpress 3.5 Could this be a conflict with headway as our theme?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there!

Sorry you are having trouble!

The quickest way to test for a theme conflict is to quickly change your theme to a default twenty twelve or twenty eleven and see if the behavior continues.

If it does not, then it's a theme conflict, if it does then the problem lies elsewhere.

May I ask what permalink structure you are using? You should not be using default for Directory.

I'd suggest do a permalink resave, just save to default, then save back to your permalink structure, to check that as well. Often this helps and clears things up quickly.

Best,

Kimberly

• BuzoLibre
    • New Recruit

No luck Kimberly I changed the permalink structure but basically I still have the same problem. I add a new listing. I edit it and publish it. This I simply click on it to view it and nothing comes up just a blank screen. Changing themes really is not an option since we are gonna be sticking with Headway. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Vince

• BuzoLibre
    • New Recruit

I am wondering if you guys did a video tutorial on this listing's plugin. I was just sent a flashy marketing video by these guys but I notice there is no tutorial other than the screen shots of the software.

When you install the plugin three pages are automatically generated. Listing's, my listing's and signup. Now if I open up the Listing's page and edit it, put in some new text or what ever and then hit update and then try to view the page it simply isn't there. Nothing is there.

So is that like normal for this plugin? I am sure I can create pages put in the short codes and start using this plugin but what is the deal with these three pages that are automatically generated and unusable or not editable?

I am wondering what is the deal, I have installed the plug in on two separate word press sites both using headway as theme with same results.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

We have some usage documentation on Directory, I've not had a chance to finish it as of late unfortunately.

I do understand you want to use the Headway theme, but just switching to check for a theme conflict is important, we can always make it work with the Theme, but we need to know if that is actually the issue first.

The Listings Page will Auto Generate the content when the page is visited from the front.

If you want to use a different page, then you can easily use the shortcode available in the plugin.

Are you able to use that with any success?

And would you be able to supply a link so I can review as well?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.