directory plugin

I installed directory plugin. but i am not understanding how can I make my site look like this http://thewpdirectoryplugin.com/

• Ingrid
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Tushar,

I just installed this plugin myself and what I would suggest is that you set up your categories to match the content you are planning to add to your site. I found that the documentation was a little out of date but still understandable, it can be found here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-directory/#usage

The site you mentioned seems to have a sign-in and search bar as part of the theme so that would be how you’d do that part but I’m not sure what you’d need to add to the theme for that, I don’t see any shortcodes in the documentation but I will have a look around, it would be handy for me to know for my site too.

I hope that’s enough to get you started and will let you know what I find regarding adding the search and login area to the theme.

• Ingrid
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I knew I’d seen it somewhere! Here are the shortcodes for signup / sign in

[dr_signin_btn text=”Signin” view=”always”]

[dr_signup_btn text=”Signup” view=”always”]

As for search, if this is the only content on your site then perhaps just the ordinary search would work? I haven’t tried it yet but I would try that first.

Good luck.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@tushar_khadse

The theme you see on that site is the default theme included with the Directory plugin.

To enable that theme, you first need to move it from the directory/themes folder in the plugin, to the wp-content/themes folder in your WordPress install. You’ll need to do that via FTP. Then you can activate that theme under “Appearance” > “Themes” in your dashboard.

@frankenmedia

Way to go taking the lead on this! Cookies are on their way :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven’t heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is “Not resolved” in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.