Directory Plugin: Any ideas for alternative usage?

I read elsewhere in the forum where someone is planning on using the Directory Plugin in place of the Classifieds plugin. Interesting. I'd like to know if anyone else has used the Directory Plugin for anything other than a Directory ??

• DavidM

Hi avonnes,

The possibilities are there given the integrated version of CustomPress in Directory though I can't seem to recall many examples making heavy use of that.

I do recall a couple of members mentioning some cool ideas like automatically including a map with directory listings using the Google Maps plugin and associating the map with an address custom field they created.

Also, in the following thread there was a member who asked about a contact form for Directory that lets the author of the post specify an email so they receive any messages posted through that form. The plugin I mentioned there does just that.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/contact-form-in-directory-plugin

I can't recall seeing specific examples of these things other than my having tried them to ensure they work. Hopefully others will post their examples here to show off their work! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.