Listing title duplicated

When I create a New Listing, everything looks great.... but on the front end for the user, the title shows up two times. It's redundant and doesn't look good to me. It isn't a huge issue, just hoping that we could get that sorted out so it's more visually pleasing. Here is an example:

http://services.loveandlightnetwork.org/listings/cosmic-blessings-high-vibrational-healing/

I'd also like to see a featured image show up in the search results when a user clicks on a category or types a search into the search box.

Thanks!

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi jloweezy

Greetings from my WPMU DEV Support Desk!

I had a look at the link provided and tried to recreate the same duplicated listing title in my own test environment using just the standard Twenty Eleven WordPress theme. I didn't get the duplicated title.

Now I investigated a bit further and noticed that it might actually be an issue related to your theme. Would you mind to switch to the standard Twenty Eleven theme for a moment and checking to see if the problem persist?

Also, within your theme files, are you using the listing-single.php or just the regular single.php theme template? If you could please verify this for me as well. Even better if you can provide me with the code for the one that you're using. What might be happening is that your theme is adding a title in a non-standard way. This can easily be fixed by creating a custom theme template (with the title removed) for that theme. But let's first see what the code looks like and then I can advice you from there.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi jloweezy

Just checking in to see how you're doing. Did you perhaps switch to the standard WordPress Twenty Eleven yet, just for testing purposes to see if the duplicated title is still there?

I checked your site again and noticed that you're using the Evolution theme. It would be interesting to get your feedback after testing it with Twenty Eleven. I think it is related to your theme, and in that case it might be a good to have a look at the code.

Look forward to your feedback :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

GinaB

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Janet,

Please do let us know when you are ready to proceed with troubleshooting your WordPress install by simply check marking this ticket as not resolved below and we can pick up right were we left off.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• JAG004
    • Flash Drive

@jloweezy

I noticed your title is still duplicated on your site. To fix the problem remove the dash from the title. Instead you can use a colon. i.e. Cosmic Blessings: High Vibrational Healing. This problem will also occur if you were to use an apostrophe.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.