Directory plugin currency mismatch on subscription sign up process

Hi there,

I am using Directory plugin Version 2.2.1.4 (Wordpress 3.5)

And have enabled the plugin to use Recurring Payments which needs to happen in GBP (not USD).

Testing the subscription sign up (http://localhost:8888/listings/signup/) results in a mismatch of currency displayed to the user on screen:

Signup ( step 1 of 3 )
3.00 GBP per 12 Month

Signup ( step 2 of 3 )
Selected PayPal

Signup ( step 3 of 3 )
Total Amount: 3.00 USD <---- needs to be GBP

Its confusing to the user and they could drop off before they click to pay as they think that they will be charged in USD instead of GBP

I am using PayPal and have the Currency drop-down set to GBP in the Settings / Payment Types / PayPal settings section which is displaying correctly on the the PayPal page - phew.

Can this please be investigated?

Thanks,
Joanna

• aecnu

Greetings Joanna,

I am indeed trying to see a currency mismatch so I am not sure how the credits will help me but thank you.

I tried to buy more credits, going through the steps, so far no currency miss-matches, but when it came time to go to PayPal I got the following error shown in my screen shot below and it basically tells that the PayPal API settings input into this particular installation are invalid.

Please check on those so that I may continue trying to help figure this out.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Joanna

Hi Joe,

I'm trying to test this for you as a Subscriber user (I've just created test user) but for some reason when the My Listing page appears, it won't show the Add Listing option making this damn difficult to replicate.

I don't know why its not showing the menu option, The directory Capabilities for Subscriber users has been set. :slight_frown: any help to solve this one will be appreciated.

• aecnu

Greetings Joanna,

Thank you for the additional feedback which is certainly helpful trying to get this issue figured out.

As I am sure your activity log shows I have been logged in and trying to make a listing and it is not working the way I am accustomed to it working i.e. the missing Add Listing option.

I did find a few errors on the page (screen shot below) and not sure if they are causing the issue in this installation.

Therefore it is now time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• Joanna

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the details. I didn't see your screenshot so I'm unsure as to what other issues you found but I've been followed your instructions to diagnose the issue using the test user which has a 'Subscriber' role:

Deactivated all plugins.

Test 1: Activated Directory plugin with TwentyEleven theme - showed the Add Listing option correctly.

Test 2: Activated Buddypress plugin which resulted in My Listings page was totally blank so... switched to Buddypress Default' theme, and the My Listings page appeared but didn't have the 'Add Listing' option (see attached screenshot).

On the page it just had:
    My Listings
    No Listings

Using:

Wordpress 3.5.1
    Buddypress 1.6.4
    Directory 2.2.1.5

So the Directory plugin is conflicting with Buddypress 1.6.4 for Subscriber role users? Can you reproduce this on your own test system?

Thanks,
    Joanna

• aecnu

Greetings Joanna,

Sorry that my screen shot appears to not have stuck to my last post for unknown reasons but the errors are/were indeed present as shown below which is indeed the original screen shot I meant to attach to begin with.

Here on our system it claims the following information:

Domain: localhost:8888
    WordPress 3.5

Which is obviously not true or at least for this particular installation we are trying to debug.

Thankfully you included your system layout which indeed includes the reason for the issues - Buddy Press.

But in your original post you said this

I am using Directory plugin Version 2.2.1.4 (Wordpress 3.5)

which has led to this spinning our wheels for both of us.

Directory is NOT Buddy Press compatible and clearly indicates this as a fact on the Directory home page, right column, compatibility.

Unfortunately I did not identify your site as a Buddy Press site from the beginning.

Therefore all of this is due to trying to install an incompatible plugin in an incompatible installation and therefore case closed.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Joanna

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the update.

Firstly, I don't think the compatibility is clear at all because I didn't realise that because Buddypress is NOT listed in the Directory compatibility list it means that its not supported. Having it listed with a strikethrough wording or something similar would make it clearer to newbies like myself that are familiarising themselves with WPMUDEV that it means its not compatible. Or at least have this information in the welcome email that I received on subscription?

Secondly, I found the issue while testing on my dev environment that wasn't using Buddypress at the time. As you asked for a url, I couldn't give you my localhost:8888 hence why I did it on sportjo.com which I was setting up for use and happened to have Buddypress.

Thirdly, going back to the core issue of currency mismatch, the issue still stands when not using Buddypress and should be fixed because its stopping me from using the plugin entirely on a different website.

See attached screenshots of steps 1 and 3 where you see that its set up for GBP £ and switches to USD$.

• aecnu

Greetings Joanna,

Thank you for all the additional input which is certainly appreciated.

Concerning I don't think the compatibility is clear at all because I didn't realize that because Buddypress is NOT listed in the Directory compatibility list it means that its not supported.

I will point out your perspective to my supervisor.

UPDATE: While trying the version 2.1.1.7 on my test production server, I found a couple of anomalies and notified the lead developer thereof and he quickly got on it and uploaded version 2.1.1.8

Though I am still going to try to replicate the issue you have reported, can you please update to version 2.1.1.8 and let me know if this cures it for you?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Joanna,

Thank you for your additional input and I have resumed digging in with the new version as well and not only can I replicate the issue you described, I come up with another.

Most of the input here I am going to add for the benefit of the lead developer so he can indeed see what is going on here and have a clear vision.

First if I choose just to buy credits as shown in my screen shot below "directory1", I am taken to a basically no purchase description or amount PayPal page screen shot "directory2".

If I choose yearly subscription I get the same identical reaction and the same PayPal payment screen as indicated above.

Now when choosing the monthly subscription when I get to the confirmation page prior to PayPal indeed it indicates a different currency then that shown in directory1 screen shot indicated in directory3 screen shot below.

At least when I get to PayPal the currency indicated is correct this time and the checkout looks credible screen shot directory4

I will notify the lead developer about all of this and I am sure having all the confidence in the world that he will have this fixed up quickly but safely.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Joanna

Hi Joe,

Thanks for investigating further and I'm glad that you can reproduce the error.

Reading through the Directory documentation and having read other threads, I believe that you should only be choosing one payment option (so one from the options of: credits, subscriptions and one-time) to use with Directory (and also with the Classifieds plugin). I'm sure that could be clearer in the admin pages. :slight_smile:

Looking forward the currency mismatch fix.

Thanks,
    Joanna

• aecnu

Greetings Joanna,

Thank you for your additional input and indeed it appears that the lead devloper jumped right on this and issued an update with the cure to the currency issue in version 2.2.2 and the change logs reads:

* Version 1.3.1 of CustomPress
    * Fixed currency display.

Please update to the latest release and let me know if this does in fact resolve this issue.

Look forward to hearing form you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.